7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 5:43 AM by Steve Grisetti

Problem getting media from Sony DCRTRV19 mini dv camcorder

98taxi

I am in the process of transferring all of my mini dv footage to my computer and am encountering an issue.  I can open premiere elements 11, open video editer and start new project.  I can click on add media but when I select mini DV the program freezes with the progress indicator spinning.  I was able to transfer 20 tapes before this issue began.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program without any change.

I tried windows movie maker and it works fine which leads me to believe that it is something with Adobe.  I have read about issues regarding IEEE1394 drivers that are preloaded onto windows 7 64 bit which is what I am using.  I wasn't going to put too much effort into identifying the cause of this because I will probably not use this connection method in the future.  I plan to upgrade to a HDV camera and will use memory cards to transfer.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this issue.  The program works fine as long as I am not using the Mini dv connection.  I can import the video captured from moviemaker edit it and save to my nas without any issues.  If the process never worked with this camera then I could blame it on incompatability but that's not the case.

I have a basic Asus geforce GT430 video card which I noticed is not listed on Adobes compatability list could this be an issue?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Computer consists of

Intel i5 2500K 3.3Ghz quad core 6MB

16Gb of DDR3-1333 Ram

Asus GeForce GT430 1GB Video card

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit