3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 12:29 PM by _mcd

Couple of newbie questions (that I cant find answers to)

_mcd Level 1

I'm from a Flash background, used to putting code in frames along a timeline.

And I've adopted much the same approach with Edge Animate putting code on the stage at trigger points..

My first question is how does putting code in stage.compositionReady differ from putting code in a stage trigger at time 0.00 (or 0.05)?

Second Qu.

How does a responsive/reactive design, and the Edge timeline work together?

I've seen how you can lock a logo to top RHS corner. But what if you want a different smaller version of logo

for when screen width is smartphone size.

Will an Animate project with a timeline which includes animations and interactivity work in Reflow?

TIA!

• 1. Re: Couple of newbie questions (that I cant find answers to)
          _mcd Level 1

how about an answer to just the first one? 

• 2. Re: Couple of newbie questions (that I cant find answers to)
            elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, mcd-

1. The compositionReady event only fires once, so you know you can stick in initialization code in that place and it will execute that code before it begins the timeline.  If you put code in at 0:00, it is still a valid time on the timeline, so the trigger will execute if you jump to that place in the timeline.  So, depending on when you want your code to execute (just once, or multiple times during the life of the animation), you can choose either the beginning of the timeline or compositionReady.
            2. The responsive layout feature is simply that - layout that is dependent on the size of the available browser size.  The timeline will continue to function in the same manner.
            3. You can set the logo to resize with the screen size, or you can use an external library like EdgeCommons to use a different asset entirely.
            4. Reflow just had its first public beta, and our team has also been waiting to see if it works... stay tuned as we figure out integration points!  That being said, the way the two products handle responsive design is different.

Cheers,

-Elaine

• 3. Re: Couple of newbie questions (that I cant find answers to)
              _mcd Level 1

Hi Elaine

Thats great. I'll use the compositionReady for doing my run once

configuration and inits.

Im looking forward to seeing some good responsive Animate compositions that have been 'Reflow'ed.

Especially ones with plenty of timeline based interactivity.

Thanks