1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 5:43 AM by Harm Millaard

Selling an Areca ARC-1880ix-16 SAS/SATA (1Gb) RAID Controller

cfsKC

I purchased and installed a new Areca ARC-1880ix-16 SAS/SATA (1Gb) RAID Controller (Retail $872) for my PC workstation. This unit was in use for approximately six months when motherboard issue forced a rebuild of the workstation by ADK Video Editing and the controller card, though NOT found defective, was replaced in the process of upgrading the unit.

For those who don't know, this high-performance PCIe-to-SAS/SATA 1Gb RAID host controller scale-able up to 128 SAS/SATA II peripheral devices with optional SAS expanders. This card features an integrated Duo Core I/O Processor for RAID core and SAS microcode, offering a massive storage design flexibility from scalability, cost and performance perspectives.

This card supports RAID levels 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, Single Disk or JBOD and has the PCI Express x8 V2.0 (40Gb bandwidth) interface for enhanced performance.

The eBay auction includes the Areca ARC-6120 Battery Backup Module (Retail price $129) and SATA cables.

For over a year now, the item has sat in a box in a storage room and it's way past time to sell it. I have put it up for sale on eBay at a starting price of just $.99. You can see it HERE.

I assume the controller and battery back up module work properly but neither I nor ADK have tested them. To assure the buyer's complete satisfaction, I will fully refund the purchase price of the unit if returned within 10 days of delivery to purchaser.

Allow me to add that I have had great service from Eric and his team at ADK and wouldn't even think of building another workstation on my own