2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 11:12 AM by cote.jp

What is the 'src' folder really meant for ?

cote.jp

Is it customary to put stuff that is not AS3 code inside the projects "src" folder ? And if it is, why do folders that do not contain any source code look like AS3 code packages ?

I would much prefer to put stuff that is not code in their own specific folder (icons, xml files, etc.) to keep my project cleaner. But, if I do so, those files will not be copied to the bin-debug and bin-release-temp folder upon compilation. What is your take on this ?

• 1. Re: What is the 'src' folder really meant for ?
          Nabren Level 3

To me /src doesn't only have to mean *.as but any source files necessary for the project. This really sounds like a personal preference. You can always write a batch file to copy the files over and have Flash Builder call that when building if you prefer to put the files somewhere else.

• 2. Re: What is the 'src' folder really meant for ?
            cote.jp Level 1

I guess you're right but the package icons lead me to believe only code was expected in there.

The other annoyance is that if you create a subfolder which points to another location on disk (which FlashBuilder allows you to do), its content will not be copied to bin-debug or bin-release-temp. This makes it hard to symlink content (such as assets) accross projects. My workaround for this issue has been to create OS symlinks instead.