3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2007 3:09 AM by Greg Dove

how can i edit bitmap and save the edited bitmap in flash

jibysk
      hi all

It would be appreciated if any one let me know how to edit bitmap which is imported in flash using xml and save the edited bitmap back to xml in flash.

Is it posible to save the bitmap data in flash?

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: how can i edit bitmap and save the edited bitmap in flash
          Greg Dove Level 4
          I assume you mean that the xml provides the filename, flash loads the file (e.g. a jpeg) and then you edit it in flash...

You need to upload the data (there are tutorials/examples for how to do this online) to a server ... the server can then make it available for download to the user's local computer. There's no way to save it directly locally without going via the server.

This is possible in as2 although its easier in as3 as you can upload as a jpeg which you can't do in as2.
          • 2. Re: how can i edit bitmap and save the edited bitmap in flash
            jibysk Level 1
            hi GWD,

i mean is it possible to edit the bitmap data (which is loaded through xml(say jpg file) in flash such as drawing a line or marks.. and is there any way to export the bitmap data for further use ..

it would be great if you can send me helpful links for this solution..i hope you would help me in figuring out the solution.

thanks
            • 3. Re: how can i edit bitmap and save the edited bitmap in flash
              Greg Dove Level 4
              Yes you can... but like I said before you need to upload the data from the changes you make to a server.

In terms of the solution... its unlikely that you'll find one specifically for your needs. You will have to learn whatever you don't know how already and maybe adapt some existing examples to your needs.

To change the visual state of a movie clip... you just do all the regular things that you want to do to it using flash... scale, rotation, drawing API , textfields etc in actionscript. If you don't know how to how to do that stuff, then you need to learn that first. That's basic actionscript.

You can capture the visual state of a movieclip using the BitmapData class. That includes a loaded jpeg. You can also manipulate bimatp data using the same class. You should read up on that if you don't know how to use it or check out the examples below for uploading info.

For uploading to the server:
              Here's an as2 solution that took 15 secs to find using google:
              http://www.quasimondo.com/archives/000645.php

If you're using as3, google search for "jpeg encoder as3" and look through that info. There are also historical answers in the forums here related to this type of thing that might help as well.