1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2007 2:04 PM by Newsgroup_User

Image Sizing Help

eNetPartnersInc
      I maintain thousands of product images for a few different e-commerce sites. Ultimately all the images need to be proportional at 250x250 or 100x100. The problem is that we get the images is various sizes that are unproportional....300x500, 600x900, etc and have to manually bring these images into fireworks, set the canvas size to the largest (i.e 300x500 to 500x500) of the two numbers then export to the properly portional size for the site. Does anyone know of an easier way of creating the initial canvas sizing? This takes us hours to accomplish when we are workin with so many images.
        • 1. Re: Image Sizing Help
          Level 7

>I maintain thousands of product images for a few different e-commerce
          >sites.
          > Ultimately all the images need to be proportional at 250x250 or 100x100.
          > The
          > problem is that we get the images is various sizes that are
          > unproportional....300x500, 600x900, etc and have to manually bring these
          > images
          > into fireworks, set the canvas size to the largest (i.e 300x500 to
          > 500x500) of
          > the two numbers then export to the properly portional size for the site.
          > Does
          > anyone know of an easier way of creating the initial canvas sizing? This
          > takes
          > us hours to accomplish when we are workin with so many images.

Well, for starters, I'd say this is really something that should be
          automated and handled server side.

Aside from that, the BATCH PROCESS feature in Fireworks should accomplish
          exactly that for you using the SCALE TO FIT AREA option.

Might still take hours, but at least you can go have lunch while its doing
          its thing ;o)

-Darrel