4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 7:49 AM by Steve Fairbairn RSS

Angle of path

bfcreativenyc1 Community Member

Hi,

I need to have the angle of the flap on this envelope mock-up be .125" How can I control the angle?

Thanks!

env_angle.jpg

• 1. Re: Angle of path
          Mylenium MVP

Use the Transform palette.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Angle of path
            Steve Fairbairn Community Member

I would draw the flap as a rectangle, direct select the top corner anchor, hit Return and enter 0.125" Horizontal in the Move dialogue.

Then select the other top corner anchor, hit Return and enter –0.125" Horizontal in the Move dialogue.

• 3. Re: Angle of path
              JETalmage Community Member

I need to have the angle of the flap on this envelope mock-up be .125"

.125" is not an angle.

You need to explain what exactly you are trying to do. Your sketch looks like you want the "flap" of the envelope to be .125" in height. But your language suggests you want to maintain an angle, suggesting you want the angled segment to be .125" in length at its current angle.

And either way, .125" (one eighth of an inch) seems a mightly small measure for the flap on an envelope.

JET

• 4. Re: Angle of path
                Steve Fairbairn Community Member

I agree with James. Are you talking about an angle or a distance?

You said " (inches) so I supposed distance. But it’s a very small distance.

Please explain better.