0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 12:35 AM by juliew1589

Getting Russell Brown's Image Processor Pro to work with an action

juliew1589

I have Photoshop CS6 with Russell Brown's Image Processor Pro installed.

I have the ongoing task of processing pics of different sizes and different width/height ratios.

I would like to get the following result using IP Pro (in collaboration with an action):

1. Downsize pic to 960 pixels wide (height doesn't matter, but needs to stay in ratio)

2. Watermark pic.

3. Save.

4. Creating a thumbnail of 320 x 213 pixels, without distorting ratio. This may mean downsizing to 320 wide with relative height, *then* cropping via Image-Canvas Size. Chopping a bit off is preferable to me than distorting the ratio.

5. Save the smaller version as 'Documentnamex' (i.e. adding an 'x' to the document name for the thumbnail.

I have 1-3 in an action and have used it for years.

But as for the task of a smaller thumbnail, kept in ratio but chopped and named with an x - I am stumped. I downloaded IP Pro for the task, but I can't get it to work.

If I save the original with IP Pro (at step 3), how do I then get it to make the thumbnail?

If I create the thumbnail in the action, *then* do 2 saves in IP Pro (thumbnail and 960 version), the bigger one will be pixelated (and no surprises there)

Summary: I want 2 watermarked versions:

1. 1234a.jpg: 960 pixels wide, height relative

2. 1234ax.jpg: thumnail, 320 wide x 213 high

Can anyone help? Am I asking too much of the software?