5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 12:00 PM by elainecc

Edge starting to lag

Fyin.com Level 1

First time edge user here, I've added several vector shapes to animate within edge, yet the program seems to be running at a snails pace, i.e. when I scrub through the timeline.  Initially things ran smoothly, but it seems the more I add the worse it gets.  Is this based off of the size of the images I am bringing in, or something else?  Running off of a solid state hard drive.

• 1. Re: Edge starting to lag
          Fyin.com Level 1

update: I previously had a transparent lens flare added, and I took it out.  Seems to be running smoohtly now... interesting.

• 2. Re: Edge starting to lag
            Jr2dm

I'm having to do a lot of converting frame-by-frame animation from flash using sprite sheets in the project I'm working on right now and every now and again I find that when I scrub the playhead or even drag a selction of keys over a few frames it causes them to be reported incorrectly in the proprties panel and not displaying the correct frame. I think this is a memory allocation issue since if I close Edge and reopen everything it's all back to normal and reporting and showing correctly. So if your project starts to lag I'd recommend saving it and then closing and reopening the program to see if that fixes things first.

• 3. Re: Edge starting to lag
              elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, fyin-

If you have a file you could share with us, it would help us a lot in our development so that we can see what's going on and possibly address this issue in the future.  Can you send me a link on Dropbox/Adobe Sendnow or post it on a server somewhere?

Cheers,

-Elaine

• 4. Re: Edge starting to lag
                Fyin.com Level 1

Yes I can, but I'm afraid I have yet another issue (beginner's luck...). When I gnereate a preview in the browser, it isn't accurately reflecting what is in my timeline.  What email address should I send my project file to?

• 5. Re: Edge starting to lag
                  elainecc Adobe Employee

Sending you a PM with my Email, thanks!

-Elaine