31 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2017 8:25 AM by Michael Witherell

InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

DonPerrotta

I am using a Mac (10.7.4 OS) and had just placed an image and saved. Now I can not open the doc in InD 6. Any ideas other  than starting over?

• 1. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

What kind of image did you import? How have you done it?

It might help to export the file as IDML and open this file and save it again as INDD.

Ok, you have the problem to open the file. On the Swiss Forum HDS I have found a script:

http://www.hilfdirselbst.ch/foren/gforum.cgi?do=post_editlog;post=475991;

// blindOpen_and_IDML-Export.jsx

var _file = File.openDialog("InDesign-Datei"); // Selection of a file

if(_file != null)

{

var d = app.open(_file, false); // Open the file without showing it

d.exportFile(ExportFormat.INDESIGN_MARKUP,  File(_file.fullName.replace(/.indd$/i,'.idml'))); // Export im IDML-Format

d.close(SaveOptions.NO); // Close without saving

}

Save the text of this file and add the extension .js and put it in your script folder and run the script in Window > Utilites > Scripts > …

THis script helped me several times with a similar problem.

3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
            DonPerrotta Level 1

Hi Willi.

I used a .png image by placing it in a box

I tried saving the script you sent, it will not allow

• 3. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

This thread might prove helpful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5072428 (though you'll need to find a Windows machine).

Do you have a crash report? If so post it on Pastebin.com and put a link here.

• 4. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                DonPerrotta Level 1

Hi Peter!

I don't have a Windows machine with ID on it

here's a link to the log on pastebin - thx for your help!

http://pastebin.com/JQ5Ndkbz

• 5. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

Looks as if it could be a bad link (probably a bad image file, which goes along with your description). If you can move the links temporarily so ID can't find them in the specified path the file might open. Moving only the last one you placed may do it.

If that works, open and resave the image and try placing it again.

• 6. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                    DonPerrotta Level 1

Hi Peter!!

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I actually deleted the images from my pic folder on my Mac. that did not help.

Anything else to try??

thx

Don

• 7. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

Willi's Script?

I'm running out in a few minutes, but if you want to send me the file I'll see what I can do here when I get back (with no promise of success). Click my name to go to my profile, then send me a link to the file in a Private Message, or you can post a link here publickly and see if someone else can help sooner.

• 8. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                        DonPerrotta Level 1

not sure how to run the script.

I'll put the file in and send you a link

thx for looking at it!!

• 9. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                          DonPerrotta Level 1

Peter - not familiar with pastebin. Is  that where I would put the file for you??

• 10. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                            MW Design Level 4

pastebin is only for a crash report . upload your document package to dropbox.com or wikisend.com and you can copy a download link to send to peter via a private message.

mike

• 11. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                              DonPerrotta Level 1

Thx Mike - i have sent Peter a link to the doc in dropbox

• 12. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

Don't know if the damage was done in transit, or before, but the file won't open here and trying to run the recovery tool I mentioned yields a bad file signature error. You can try zipping the file and upload again, but it may be toast.

I don't suppose there's any backup copy.

• 15. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                                  Digiluck Level 1

Unfortunately I would have to have step by step guide to do this...I have never used scripts...I am using OS

• 16. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                                    Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

DonPerrotta wrote:

Hi Willi.

I used a .png image by placing it in a box

Sorry, you did not answer the question? Did you link it?, you will see a link to an external file in the link panel or did you embed it?

• 18. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                                      Digiluck Level 1

OK after reading 5 help topics I have leant to save text as .js and insert it into the right folder. Finally run the script and by miracle it run the script...

But the IDML file won't open . I will try to find a plug in...but that will be my last effort. I am almost ready to start rebuilding from scratch.

Stranfely the IDML file is 124 bites, while INDD was 250 MB how could that be?

• 19. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

.idml files don't have image previews, among other things so they are very small. Did ID crash opening the .idml?

• 21. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

Make sure there is no .idlk file in the same folder left over from the previous crash.

• 22. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                                            Digiluck Level 1

I have moved .idlk files following your comment. But the same pop up appears, which I posted in previous comment.

I am almost ready to give up on this. Thanks a lot of showing me scripts - I never knew about them, which shows the degree of my knowledge ...

It was quite an exciting discovery.

If you have any advice how best to bring a file and use it as template when I start again on new doc, I will be grateful. What do I need to do to prevent all this happening all over again..?

Many thanks for your help. You did more than our IT guy...who told me that because I lost some links on the way when adapting the old doc, the problems occurred.

And there was no way to solve it...

• 23. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                                              Digiluck Level 1

I've opened another .idml from a different project without any problem, so it is the issue still within this file, which created faulty .idml

• 24. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                                                claytontrain

I am wondering, how do these scripts work on a Mac? I have the exact same issue with an important InDesign File in CC2015.

• 25. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

The blind export script is javascript, which works the same on Mac or Windows.

• 26. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                                                    claytontrain Level 1

Thanks. If InDesign is crashing every time I execute the script, should I assume it is because the file is too damaged?

Even though it crashes, I see that the script HAS created the .idml file, but it is only a few bytes and the file will not open. My mac gives me an error report as follows:

Process:               Adobe InDesign CC 2015 [21770]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Adobe InDesign CC 2015.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe InDesign CC 2015

Identifier:            com.adobe.InDesign

Version:               11.2.0.99 (11200)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe InDesign CC 2015 [21770]

User ID:               503

Date/Time:             2016-10-17 21:19:48.240 -0700

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.1 (15B42)

Report Version:        11

Anonymous UUID:        03E1F507-BC9A-4C55-D2BA-AA95786DD691

Sleep/Wake UUID:       19AFC444-3AAF-457C-A842-E1E5303CA0BA

Time Awake Since Boot: 25000 seconds

Time Since Wake:       2300 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0:

-->

__TEXT                 000000010247d000-0000000102482000 [   20K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Adobe InDesign CC 2015.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe InDesign CC 2015

Global Trace Buffer (reverse chronological seconds):

55.864047    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff9a07d163 TCP Conn 0x7f902c4b84d0 SSL Handshake DONE

56.355789    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff9a07d03f TCP Conn 0x7f902c4b84d0 starting SSL negotiation

56.356067    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff9a07ba0f TCP Conn 0x7f902c4b84d0 complete. fd: 39, err: 0

56.356447    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff9a10a1ad TCP Conn 0x7f902c4b84d0 event 1. err: 0

56.544061    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff9a07acdf TCP Conn 0x7f902c4b84d0 started

56.574095    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff9a03e89e Creating default cookie storage with process/bundle identifier

56.574095    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff9a03e836 Faulting in CFHTTPCookieStorage singleton

56.574095    CFNetwork                 0x00007fff9a03e6c5 Faulting in NSHTTPCookieStorage singleton

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   PublicLib.dylib               0x00000001039e28c2 WideString::Append(WideString const&) + 18

1   com.adobe.InDesign.Text       0x000000011919778f 0x118daa000 + 4118415

2   com.adobe.InDesign.Text       0x000000011919a30e 0x118daa000 + 4129550

3   com.adobe.InDesign.Text       0x00000001190bd531 0x118daa000 + 3224881

4   com.adobe.InDesign.Text       0x00000001190bc6a0 0x118daa000 + 3221152

5   PublicLib.dylib               0x00000001039bc942 CScriptProvider::AccessPropertyOnObjects(IDType<ScriptID_tag>, IScriptRequestData*, adobe::version_1::vector<InterfacePtr<IScript>, adobe::version_1::capture_allocator<InterfacePtr<IScript> > > const&) + 514

6   com.adobe.InDesign.Scripting   0x0000000117f70847 0x117f44000 + 182343

7   com.adobe.InDesign.Scripting   0x0000000117f6d694 0x117f44000 + 169620

8   com.adobe.InDesign.Scripting   0x0000000117f6dd0a 0x117f44000 + 171274

9   com.adobe.InDesign.INXCore     0x000000011434ff5e 0x114337000 + 102238

10  PublicLib.dylib               0x0000000103b2d91d CScriptDOMElement::FetchValue(IDType<ScriptID_tag>, DOMAttributeValue&) + 93

11  PublicLib.dylib               0x0000000103b2d708 CScriptDOMElement::GetAttribute(IDType<ScriptID_tag>, DOMAttributeValue&) + 440

12  PublicLib.dylib               0x00000001039732e3 0x103881000 + 991971

13  PublicLib.dylib               0x000000010395daa7 CTextScriptDOMElement::HandleContent(IDOMElement*, IterText&, IterPara&, int&, int&) + 839

14  PublicLib.dylib               0x000000010395a462 CTextScriptDOMElement::CollectTextChildren() + 4610

15  PublicLib.dylib               0x000000010395897b CTextScriptDOMElement::CollectExpandedChildElements(K2Vector<InterfacePtr<IDOMElement>, K2Allocator<InterfacePtr<IDOMElement> > >&) + 379

16  PublicLib.dylib               0x0000000103b2ec5c CScriptDOMElement::GetChildElements(K2Vector<InterfacePtr<IDOMElement>, K2Allocator<InterfacePtr<IDOMElement> > >&) + 60

17  com.adobe.InDesign.INXCore     0x0000000114380d1f 0x114337000 + 302367

18  com.adobe.InDesign.INXCore     0x0000000114394b14 0x114337000 + 383764

19  com.adobe.InDesign.INXCore     0x0000000114390917 0x114337000 + 366871

20  com.adobe.InDesign.INXCore     0x0000000114394b8c 0x114337000 + 383884

21  com.adobe.InDesign.INXCore     0x0000000114393dd5 0x114337000 + 380373

22  com.adobe.InDesign.INXCore     0x000000011438d61e 0x114337000 + 353822

23  com.adobe.InDesign.INXCore     0x000000011438d101 0x114337000 + 352513

24  com.adobe.InDesign.SaveBack   0x000000010d55248a 0x10d548000 + 42122

25  com.adobe.InDesign.SaveBack   0x000000010d55081c 0x10d548000 + 34844

26  com.adobe.InDesign.SaveBack   0x000000010d550469 0x10d548000 + 33897

27  com.adobe.InDesign.SaveBack   0x000000010d550365 0x10d548000 + 33637

28  PublicLib.dylib               0x00000001038ccdd1 CExportProvider::ExportToFile(IDFile const&, IDocument*, IPMUnknown*, PMString const&, K2::UIFlags) + 321

29  com.adobe.InDesign.Document Framework 0x00000001129542d4 0x11281a000 + 1286868

30  com.adobe.InDesign.Document Framework 0x0000000112952dd5 0x11281a000 + 1281493

31  PublicLib.dylib               0x00000001039bc488 CScriptProvider::HandleMethodOnObjects(IDType<ScriptID_tag>, IScriptRequestData*, adobe::version_1::vector<InterfacePtr<IScript>, adobe::version_1::capture_allocator<InterfacePtr<IScript> > > const&) + 504

32  com.adobe.InDesign.Scripting   0x0000000117f6e5c2 0x117f44000 + 173506

33  com.adobe.InDesign.Scripting   0x0000000117f6ba56 0x117f44000 + 162390

34  com.adobe.InDesign.Scripting   0x0000000117f6c030 0x117f44000 + 163888

35  com.adobe.InDesign.Support for JavaScript 0x0000000118476dbb 0x11846c000 + 44475

36  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111cc3d65 ScScript::ValidateData::test_3() + 27877

37  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111c503ab ScScript::FileDisp::createFile(ScCore::Variant&, ScCore::String const&) + 23611

38  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111c594ac ScScript::FileDisp::createFile(ScCore::Variant&, ScCore::String const&) + 60732

39  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111c53e3b ScScript::FileDisp::createFile(ScCore::Variant&, ScCore::String const&) + 38603

40  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111c594ac ScScript::FileDisp::createFile(ScCore::Variant&, ScCore::String const&) + 60732

41  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111c52df7 ScScript::FileDisp::createFile(ScCore::Variant&, ScCore::String const&) + 34439

42  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111c81e46 ScScript::ScopeNode::dump(ScScript::Engine&, int) + 65094

43  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111c6c44f ScScript::FileDisp::createFile(ScCore::Variant&, ScCore::String const&) + 138463

44  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111ca5e0e ScScript::InitTerm::atExit(void (*)()) + 52414

45  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111ca7f74 ScScript::InitTerm::atExit(void (*)()) + 60964

46  com.adobe.AdobeExtendScript   0x0000000111ca7d00 ScScript::InitTerm::atExit(void (*)()) + 60336

47  com.adobe.InDesign.Support for JavaScript 0x000000011847b560 0x11846c000 + 62816

48  com.adobe.InDesign.Support for JavaScript 0x000000011847aee2 0x11846c000 + 61154

49  com.adobe.InDesign.Support for JavaScript 0x000000011847a239 0x11846c000 + 57913

50  com.adobe.InDesign.Scripts Panel 0x000000010f74e341 0x10f74c000 + 9025

51  com.adobe.InDesign.Scripts Panel 0x000000010f74dee6 0x10f74c000 + 7910

52  DV_WidgetBinLib.dylib         0x00000001024dd912 DVEventHandler::DVPointerEvent(dvaui::ui::UI_Node*, dvaui::ui::PointerEvent const&, bool&) + 306

53  DV_WidgetBinLib.dylib         0x00000001024c6c03 DVHostedWidgetView::PrivateImpl::PointerEventCallback(dvaui::ui::UI_Node*, dvaui::ui::PointerEvent const&, bool&) + 83

54  DV_WidgetBinLib.dylib         0x00000001024cb5a3 0x1024b8000 + 79267

55  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a1b12 dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchCustomPointerEventToNode(dvaui::ui::UI_Node*, boost::intrusive_ptr<dvaui::ui::UI_Node>, dvaui::ui::PointerEvent const&, bool&) + 146

56  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a1816 dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEventToLeaf(dvaui::ui::UI_Node*, dvaui::ui::UI_Node*, dvaui::ui::PointerEvent const&) + 166

57  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a1378 dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPointerEvent::operator()(dvaui::ui::UI_Node*, dvaui::ui::UI_Node*, dvacore::geom::PointT<float> const&) const + 136

58  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a9a06 std::pair<bool, dvaui::ui::UI_Node*> dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEventTowardsLeafT<dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPoint erEvent>(dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPointerEvent&, dvacore::geom::PointT<float> const&, bool) + 182

59  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a99ea std::pair<bool, dvaui::ui::UI_Node*> dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEventTowardsLeafT<dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPoint erEvent>(dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPointerEvent&, dvacore::geom::PointT<float> const&, bool) + 154

60  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a99ea std::pair<bool, dvaui::ui::UI_Node*> dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEventTowardsLeafT<dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPoint erEvent>(dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPointerEvent&, dvacore::geom::PointT<float> const&, bool) + 154

61  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a99ea std::pair<bool, dvaui::ui::UI_Node*> dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEventTowardsLeafT<dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPoint erEvent>(dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPointerEvent&, dvacore::geom::PointT<float> const&, bool) + 154

62  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a99ea std::pair<bool, dvaui::ui::UI_Node*> dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEventTowardsLeafT<dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPoint erEvent>(dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPointerEvent&, dvacore::geom::PointT<float> const&, bool) + 154

63  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a99ea std::pair<bool, dvaui::ui::UI_Node*> dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEventTowardsLeafT<dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPoint erEvent>(dvaui::ui::UI_Node::DispatchPointerEvent&, dvacore::geom::PointT<float> const&, bool) + 154

64  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a08ef dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEventTowardsLeaf(dvaui::ui::PointerEvent const&, bool) + 63

65  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001031a0058 dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEventToTarget(dvaui::ui::UI_Node*, dvaui::ui::PointerEvent const&, bool) + 360

66  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x000000010319fe42 dvaui::ui::UI_Node::UI_DispatchPointerEvent(dvaui::ui::PointerEvent const&, bool) + 66

67  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x0000000103224720 dvaui::ui::OS_View::UI_DispatchPlatformMouseEvent(dvaui::ui::MouseEvent const&, bool) + 608

68  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x00000001032242ae dvaui::ui::OS_View::UI_DispatchPlatformMouseClickEvent(dvaui::ui::OS_Event const&) + 606

69  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x0000000103222629 dvaui::ui::OS_View::UI_DispatchEvent(dvaui::ui::OS_Event*) + 121

70  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x0000000103222586 dvaui::ui::OS_View::UI_HandleOSEvent(dvaui::ui::OS_Event*) + 22

71  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x0000000103223d55 dvaui::ui::OS_View::UI_HandlePlatformEvent(NSEvent*) + 69

72  com.adobe.dvacore.framework   0x0000000102b51ebc int dvacore::config::ErrorManager::ExecuteFunction<void>(boost::function0<void>*, void*) + 28

73  com.adobe.InDesign.Application UI 0x00000001118fbf02 0x11177b000 + 1576706

74  com.adobe.dvacore.framework   0x0000000102b52010 void dvacore::config::ErrorManager::ExecuteFunctionWithTopLevelExceptionHandler<void>(boost::f unction0<void>, bool*) + 144

75  com.adobe.dvacore.framework   0x0000000102b53505 void dvacore::config::ExecuteTopLevelFunction<void>(boost::function0<void>, bool*) + 165

76  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x000000010322ef9a dvaui::ui::OS_NodeTimerData::RemoveTimer() + 28634

77  com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff8cbe742d -[NSWindow _handleMouseDownEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 6322

78  com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff8cbe8411 -[NSWindow _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 212

79  com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff8c62db8d -[NSWindow sendEvent:] + 517

80  com.adobe.owl                 0x000000010299b14d 0x102960000 + 241997

81  com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff8c5adb27 -[NSApplication sendEvent:] + 2540

82  com.adobe.dvaui.framework     0x000000010322839b dvaui::ui::OS_NodeTimerData::RemoveTimer() + 987

83  com.adobe.exo.framework       0x0000000104f0197a exo::app::OS_AppBase::SetResetMenuShortcutsOnClose(bool) + 842

84  DV_WidgetBinLib.dylib         0x000000010255cbf5 0x1024b8000 + 674805

85  com.adobe.InDesign.Application UI 0x0000000111906ace 0x11177b000 + 1620686

86  com.apple.AppKit               0x00007fff8c414d9a -[NSApplication run] + 796

87  com.adobe.exo.framework       0x0000000104f013a8 exo::app::OS_AppBase::RunEventLoop() + 56

88  com.adobe.InDesign.AppFramework 0x00000001116a1ad3 0x111550000 + 1383123

89  com.adobe.InDesign.AppFramework 0x00000001116a088e 0x111550000 + 1378446

90  com.adobe.InDesign             0x000000010247e68d main + 285

91  libdyld.dylib                 0x00007fff98e7e5ad start + 1

[crash report trimmed by moderator]

• 27. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

Crash reports make it hard for users to navigate the forum. In future, please post long reports on pastebin.com and provide a link.

That aside, there appears to be some sort of text-related problem, but what it is, specifically -- bad font, corrupt frame, or something else entirely -- is not clear. The report does indicate, though, that you are using version 11.2 so you can try updating to 11.4, but I suspect it won't solve the problem.

• 28. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                                                        ashleys54129230

Hi Peter, I am having a similar issue with corrupt text any ideas?

• 30. Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.
                                                          ashleys54129230 Level 1

Hi Michael, of course!

It is just one file I am having issues with. Other files are opening without issue. The file opens for 5-10 seconds and then InDesign quits. You can see the report here: Ashley, Corrupt InDesign file - Pastebin.com

I've tried changing the name of the file, moving the links folder so it isn't linking to anything and nothing is working. I was able to get it opened for slightly longer on a different computer and there was a missing font issue, not sure that that could be causing the problem?

Thanks for your help!!