2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 11:04 AM by mentlity

CS6 Exporting .indd file as jpg's question

mentlity Level 1

I have an .indd file the size of the pages are 6.82 x 8.85 inches, I need to export the files as .jpgs. The file is in spreads so I know I have to change the preference to pages, my results are a little bit off and need to know how to correct.

What I did:

went in document presets

chose a new profile

for web

I made the page size 560 x 720 ( as this is the dimensions I need the pages in)

never touched column, gutter,  margins, bleed and slug.

The result export gives me the following:

page size is correct BUT

1.master header and footer are way too close to the top and bottom of page, almost cut off

2. page contents are not centered they are left and right up against the edge.

How do I correct these issues?

R

• 1. Re: CS6 Exporting .indd file as jpg's question
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

I don't understand what you did. Did you change the existing layout or did you add an alternative layout?

When you resized the pages you should resize proportionaly column, gutter and margings. Slug you can ignore when you export to jpg. To the bleed  you need only pay attention if you want to include it to the jpg file

Do you want that your jpgs look the same as your pages and have the same ratio? So I would suppose that there is no need to change the document setting.

In the JPG export dialog you can choose between pages and spreads. Only the size might be a problem, either select a resolution which fits to te pixel dimensions of the page or rescale them afterward in Photoshop.

• 2. Re: CS6 Exporting .indd file as jpg's question
            mentlity Level 1

Sorry, got a bit ahead of myself here. Let me explain a bit more

I have an .indd file the size of the pages are 6.82 x 8.85 inches, I need to export the document as .jpgs.

The jpgs need to be 560 x 720 with a margin all around of about 15 pxls.

I got way ahead of myself and wanted to back up, as I did NOT create an alternate layout was working off the same original layout.

thx

R