2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2013 1:06 AM by Loic.Aigon

Question about Setting hybrid extension addons

Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

I am trying to load a joboptions for a project. I tried to use the Hybrid extension panel and more specifically the "system" shortcuts. I used $userdatafolder which I tried to complete with "/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings/". However I couldn't get it to work. I found another way but I remain curious if this kind of cooking is possible ?

Any experience someone ?

Best,

Loic

• 1. Re: Question about Setting hybrid extension addons
          MSSDedalus Level 1

I'm using also $userdatafolder for placing files of an hybrid extension but not in a subfolder, the extension takes care later to move the file in the correct place or subfolder.

My experience with the userdatafolder is not so good, some times the file ends in the "all users" folder or anywhere else.

If possible I would recommend downloading the needed files by the extension itself or at least check for the file and download as a second option.

Notice also that adding files to your bundle slows down the extension manager installing process.

Regards,

• 2. Re: Question about Setting hybrid extension addons
            Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. Actually, I embed the joboptions within the zxp and then move teh file at extension startup. Only matter is that the file won't be moved as long as teh user didn't show up the extension. I hoped using hybrid option would have installed teh file at installation level

But I will keep your advice regarding to installation delays slowing down and userdatafolder unconsistencies. I will keep on using my own installation method then

Thanks again,

Best,

Loic