9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 1:03 PM by elizachagall RSS

Problem with Adobe Bridge

elizachagall

Hello. I have just downloaded a trial version of Adobe Photoshop - to try it out before I buy it. However, I am having problems with not being able to view images and folders I have just created in Adobe Bridge. For example, I've just edited an image but I can only see it in Finder, not in Adobe Bridge. Is this an issue with cached files and is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1. Re: Problem with Adobe Bridge
          c.pfaffenbichler Community Member

Good day!

You could ask over at the Bridge Forum if someone there has an idea on this issue.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/bridge/general

Regards,

Pfaffenbichler

• 2. Re: Problem with Adobe Bridge
            kendallplant Adobe Employee

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

• 3. Re: Problem with Adobe Bridge
              elizachagall Community Member

Thank you both. I look forward to hopefully getting some advice. I do think it's the cached files issue - if I go to Adobe Bridge Preferences, I can Purge the cache, but I'd just like to know if this is the right thing to do before I do it. Thanks, Eliza

• 4. Re: Problem with Adobe Bridge
                Curt Y Community Member

If you want to purge the cache for a specific folder you can use Tools/Cache/purge cache for xxx folder.

When you say you have trouble view images in Bridge what exactly does that mean?  They can not be found or just poor quality?  If you have used iPhoto that program can hide the real photo so you are just viewing the thumbnail.

• 5. Re: Problem with Adobe Bridge

Thanks Curt, In Bridge I can see all the images in my Photo library that were created previously (everything using Adobe Lightroom). The issue has only arisen with new images, and folders, that I am creating now - since downloading the trial version of Photoshop. For example, an image I shoot now and save on my hard drive, will not show up in Bridge, nor will a folder I create say for today's images. I can see everything however in the Mac 'Finder' program, so I know they are there.

I have Adobe Bridge CS6 BUT I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 - both are trial versions. Could this be the issue, I don't think so but I am trying to download the trial of Adobe PS6 as its that version that I would buy. I inadvertently downloaded, and installed, the trial version of PS CS5.

• 6. Re: Problem with Adobe Bridge
                    Curt Y Community Member

elizachagall wrote:

I inadvertently downloaded, and installed, the trial version of PS CS5.

This does not make sense as the only version Adobe sells now is CS6.  There are sites you can download trial versions of CS3-5 but they do not sell the product.  Kind of a service for those that lost their software.

By the way, if you buy CS6 as a download make a copy of the files on disk along with s/n and save in safe place in case you need in future.

In Folders Tab of Bridge do you see the folders and files?

• 7. Re: Problem with Adobe Bridge

I'm in Tanzania, anything is possible..no idea how or why I also downloaded the trial of Indesign (running fine) but that is also CS6.

Yup, in Bridge I see everything as it is meant to be - tabs and folders, all my files, everything is there except for anything new that I have just created now - a folder and/or images I have saved within it, they are just now showing up.

i'm wondering whether to uninstall all the trial versions, but then i don't think i can install them again can i? - or do i just buy them and hope that with the bought versions, the problem will go away?

• 8. Re: Problem with Adobe Bridge
                        Curt Y Community Member

Probably not an install issue so you would gain nothing.  Got to be something you are doing as this is puzzling.

I would do the first aid for Bridge.  Since you have Finder will assume on a Mac.

Reset your preferences by holding down the Option Key and starting Bridge.  You will get a reset window with 3 options.  Choose all three.

• 9. Re: Problem with Adobe Bridge

Thank you Curt. Yes I'm on a Mac. Will give that a go in the morning and let you know how I get on.

In the middle of a big edit, so want to finish that in case it all goes horrible wrong!! I doubt it, but will do with fresh and clear eyes.

Thanks a lot.