1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 15, 2013 9:06 AM by CEItim

Need Help Implementing Video Cue Points

CEItim Level 1

Hey guys, I'm hoping one of you very smart people will help me out. I'm using this method for video playback, and I'm hoping to implement  a feature similar to Flash's video cue points. What I need to happen is, when my video passes the halfway mark, a symbol will appear on the stage in edge, displaying copyright information. I will also be putting another cue point when the video playback completes, at which point I'd like to jump to a certain point in the timeline.

I've found this jQuery plugin (http://cuepoint.org/) but I'm not sure if it will suit my needs or how to implement it with Edge. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Need Help Implementing Video Cue Points
          CEItim Level 1

Ok, so I've done some more digging and I found out how to include a cue point for the end of the video:

//vids2 is a variable storing the video object. "end" is a frame label on the Edge Animate timeline.

vids2.bind("ended", function() {

sym.play("end");

});

Does anyone know how to include a cue point like the one above in the middle of  the video, at a certain timestamp?