6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2013 12:59 PM by KuddRoww

How to update a database-driven indesign document during printing w/o full ID license

Steve Griffin1

.....cross posting this from the indesign forum.....

We are using Indesign and EasyCatalog to create documents.  In this case, sales support documents.  Easy catalog provides the data into Indesign.  As a normal course of business,  multiple areas within the business can change data elements in the source databases.  Hence, keeping up to date support documents for sales is a workflow challenge.

I need sales reps to be able to print a new sales support document and have that document represent the latest data that comes from the databases that easycatalog has inserted into the indesign file.

I don't want to buy licenses for indesign and train sales staff to use indesign.  I also don't want to have sales support staff have to manually check or be notified if someone else makes a change to data.

So, ideally, I would either

- regenerate the sales support literature on a daily basis in electronic format for sales staff to download and print, or

- (Preferred) sales reps print the document and in that process updated data is inserted.

How can I achieve either of these options, or is there another approach?

Thanks.