2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2013 12:38 PM by rtan73

Adjusting S-Pen shortcut butoon in PS Touch

thegreymirror

I'm using the s pen from my Galaxy to draw and paint with ps touch. There's a  button on the side of the pen. When I use it with touch, it looks like its giving me the eye dropper tool, but it behaves completly different. I'm really not sure what its doing. What I would like to know is if there is a way to set  what this button does, like a shortcut key. I would like to press it and have my cursor turn into the eye dropper tool, for color sampling. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Adjusting S-Pen shortcut butoon in PS Touch
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Since I'm not a developer, I'm going to take a stab at saying this might be something that would have to be implemented in the software. I know that PS Touch already has stylus support and I know that the version of PS Touch that comes with the Galaxy Note 10.1 is essentially the same version available on Google Play. (It just came as a perk with the Note 10.1.)

When using the eye dropper in PS Touch, you tap and hold, then drag. A viewport window pops up, giving a zoomed-in look at where you're stylus (or finger) currently rests. In the center are crosshairs. Where the center of the crosshairs rest will determine the eyedropper color.

Is there some kind of app that controls what the button on the stylus does?

• 2. Re: Adjusting S-Pen shortcut butoon in PS Touch
            rtan73

The problem your having is that you have to touch the stylus to the screen first, then press the button. It will then change the color that you are using. It won't work if you hold the button before touching the screen, although from a user stand point I think would be better. I had the same problem in the beginning.