1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2013 9:57 PM by Sean_Wilson

iOS Apps?

MECS Level 1

Am I to understand that Director 12 offers some tools for porting Director movies as apps to i-devices?  Can someone say more about that?  For heaven's sake, there is a new version of Director our and Adobe isn't even promoting it?  What in the world is going on here?  I cannot imagine releasing a new version of a product and not even promoting it!

Where can I read about it and find out about it's capabilities?  What does it offer?  What does it cost?  Is there a trial download?  Where?

Thanks.

Dewey

• 1. Re: iOS Apps?
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Am I to understand that Director 12 offers some tools for porting Director movies as apps to i-devices?  Can someone say more about that?

Yes it does. Along with some 3D enhancements, Flash 11 support and a (very poorly implemented) code hint option. Read more here

Is there a trial download?  Where?

That depends on your locale. Adobe (tries to) determine this and cater content to your region. It should be available from here somewhere.

If you don't do apps or 3D then there's nothing here for you (save Flash 11 support)