14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2013 10:49 PM by ssprengel

No Adobe Standard Profiles Found

RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Discovered this on a file passed from Lightroom 4.3 to Photoshop CS6 (Up to Date)

The file from Lightroom looks great and is using the Adobe Standard Profile. When passed to Photoshop, using the Edit in functionality, it is acquiring a yellow tint. Upon examination of the file by opening with ACR, it is having a custom 7D profile (created through the Profile Creator) applied on import instead of the Adobe Standard.

When I attempt to open the file directly to PS CS6 and use ACR to apply the correct Camera Profile, only the 7D custom profile is available. Adobe Standard and all the Canon Shooting mode profiles are missing.

Lightroom has all the profiles available-ACR does not.

Macbook Retina (3 weeks old)  Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (Admin Account), LR 4.3, CS6, 13.1.2, ACR 7.3.0.1 (All products Creative Cloud)

I (and Lightroom) can see the profiles in the Library>Application Support folder but ACR cannot.

Anyone else see this-solution?

Rikk

• 1. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found

Additional Information:

Exported Lightroom Catalog to a stand-alone.

Opened on second machine: MacBook 10.6.8, LR 4.3, PS CS5 (ACR 6.7)

Image opens in PS CS5 with correct colors.  Open file directly in PS CS5 and ACR allows a choice of Profiles including the Custom 7D as well as Adobe Standard, Camera Mode Profiles.

Summary:

CS6/ACR 7.3 on new Macbook fails to apply proper Camera Profile - or even allow it to be changed

Same File in CS5/ACR6/7 opens with proper Camera Profile and allows choices.

How does one do a repair, or even a reinstallation, of ACR when using the Creative Cloud for software fulfillment?

Note: Rebuilding the ACR Preferences File has no effect.

• 2. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm just wondering if you installed the DNG converter if that might install the profiles needed by ACR. It's just a thought. I know that installing the DNG converter does include camera profiles. So it might solve the problem.

• 3. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found

Already installed as is the DNG Profile Tool

• 4. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I should've known. I value your input in other threads. Sorry, but I'm out of ideas.

• 5. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found

It is rare for me to come to the forums with a question but this one has me stymied.

• 6. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found

Well, I fixed it. I found that in the Users\Library\Application Support\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\ folder was empty.

the Hard Drive\Library\Application Support\Adobe\CameraRaw\Camera Profiles\ contained everything.

I copied the folders Adobe and Camera Profiles from the Root Level to the User Level and it seems to solve the issue. The profiles are now available in the ACR dialog and the color cast from the incorrectly selected profile has disappeared.

I will monitor for any adverse effects.

The question I have is why didn't ACR go to the User-level folders to retrieve the profiles when Lightroom did?

• 7. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found
                      Jeff Schewe Level 5

Rikk Flohr wrote:

The question I have is why didn't ACR go to the User-level folders to retrieve the profiles when Lightroom did?

No, the real question is how the heck the profiles that SHOULD have been at Root/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Camera Profiles got moved from the root level to the user level....I know of no way for the ACR installer to do that. Somewhere, somehow you got a bad install-did you perchance recently do an un-install of anything relating to Photoshop of any version?

• 8. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found
                        ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think it’s the other way around:  to get things to work Rikk had to copy all the Adobe CR-root-level profiles that ACR didn’t see into the CR-user-level folder which ACR does see but was previously empty.   So now the entire Adobe-supplied profiles are in two places, the normal CR-root-level location and the CR-user-level location with the latter the only one that is seen by the Camera RAW plug-in.

Rikk mentions having a custom 7D profile and that was the only one ACR would see.  If the CR-user-level folders were empty then that custom profile was in the CR-root-level folders along with the Adobe-supplied profiles.  The issue may be that the including of that one custom profile made ACR ignore all the Adobe-standard profiles.  Perhaps instead of copying all the profiles to the CR-user-level folder the single custom-profile should be MOVED to the CR-user-level folder so it is not contaminating the Adobe-supplied CR-root-level folders.

• 9. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found

I am leaning toward bad install. This system is so new that no uninstallations have been performed and the latest versions of LR, CS6 and ACR were installed initially.

So no: No uninstalls.

• 10. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found

Steve, The only thing in the User-level folder when I started my investigation was an Index.dat file.

Now it would be fair to say that the 7D Profile was showing in the ACR camera cal tab but that doesn't mean it was applied. I have no way to verify that the profile was active-just that it was the only choice in the dialog.  So it may be that the profile was "in name only" and a "default" profile was being passed.

Ultimately, as I understand ACR, everything was moved to the User-level last major version upgrade.

When I return from my travels I will look into it further.  For now, the file passed LR to PS is now matching for color and I am content.

Thanks to you and Jeff for chiming in because, even though functional again, I would love to know what caused this so that I can put it into my support archives.

• 11. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found
                              Jeff Schewe Level 5

Rikk Flohr wrote:

Ultimately, as I understand ACR, everything was moved to the User-level last major version upgrade.

I'm running ACR 7.3 on Mac 10.6.8 and in my Root level/Library/Application Support/Adobe there is a subfolder that is named CameraRaw and in that folder are two additional subfolders; CameraProfiles and LensProfiles. As far as I know, nothing about the location of Adobe supplied color and lens profiles has changed for many versions. The User level folder is designed to hold only user made color and lens profiles.

I don't know why your profiles were relocated but it does seem that something is wrong, somewhere...the only differences between our system is the 10.6.8 vs 10.8.2. I checked on my laptop running 10.8.2 and the correct folders are correctly installed in the root level. The use level Library is actually hidden by default (which is really stupid of Apple) but I ran a Terminal command to make it visible. The only profiles in my user level Library are my custom profiles for color and lenses I've made.

• 12. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found
                                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Read carefully.  His profiles were not “relocated” except by Rikk himself.

They existed in the root-level folder but ACR couldn’t see them, there.  So Rikk copied them to the user-level folder and ACR could see them, but as such they are all custom profiles.  The question is why ACR could SEE THEM in the root-level folder.

• 13. Re: No Adobe Standard Profiles Found
                                  Jeff Schewe Level 5

ssprengel wrote:

The question is why ACR could SEE THEM in the root-level folder.

Ok...yes, I now understand...but I can't reproduce Rikks's issue on either 10.6.8 or 10.8.2. If it's Rikk's desire to troubleshoot the issue then he needs to do some investigation. The root level Library/Application Support//Adobe/CameraRaw profiles SHOULD be, by default, visible and usable in ACR/LR. The fact he had to copy/move those profiles to his user level Library means something is rotten in Denmark.

Rikk said: "I am leaning toward bad install." and I'm leaning towards that as a cause...ACR/LR should look first to the root level Library then the user level Library. What he had to do was, well, wrong...