I've tried downloading Digital Editions several times, but still cannot download ebooks from the Library. I never had a window open to ask for authorization for my computer. Tried to follow several sets of instructions (See below) , but am not successful. Don't know what to do next. Help.
Part II: Adobe Digital Editions
1. Using your home computer, go to the library’s website: www.sdcl.org. Click on
the “downloads” link on the left side of the page, select “ebooks,” and then select
2. On the left, there is a purple bar. Scroll down past the browsing options until you
see links for “OverDrive Media Console” and “Adobe Digital Editions”. Click on
“Adobe Digital Editions”. Click again on “Download Adobe Digital Editions” (there
is a brown icon with an open book).
3. A new window will open up and take you to Adobe’s site. Follow the directions
from Adobe to download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
4. Adobe Digital Editions will open after it has been installed on your computer. The
first time it opens, it will prompt you to authorize your computer with Adobe. You
will need an Adobe ID to do this. If you already have an Adobe ID, you can enter
it now. If you do not, click on the link provided to create an Adobe ID. Your
computer will open a web page to Adobe’s site and you can follow the
instructions to create an ID.
5. Once you have authorized your computer, you will be able to check out and
What exactly means "cannot"?
[topic moved to ADE forum]
The steps you are following are for ADE version 1.7.2 and the current version is ADE 2.0.
Please follow these steps to authorize ADE 2.0.
1. Launch ADE 2.0.
2. NAvigate to Help menu > Authorize Computer.
3. Enter your Adobe ID and password to authorize computer.