5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2013 8:51 AM by Szalam

Adobe CS4 AE, how to place images in order

kishoreda Level 1

Gentlemen !

Windows 7 Ultimate

6 GB Ram

AE CS4

I have about 3 layers of video (green screen), with 3 boys standing in front of Green Screen.

How Can I make the tallest boys layer appear in the back and the medium boy layer in front of him and the 3rd in front of all layer or in front of medium boy layer, so the image would look like small, medium and large

Many thanks in advance !

• 1. Re: Adobe CS4 AE, how to place images in order
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Put the layers in the proper order from top to bottom in the timeline.  Scale the layers as necessary.

This is very basic stuff in AE:  I think you will have a much easier time using AE if you go here.

• 2. Re: Adobe CS4 AE, how to place images in order
            kishoreda Level 1

Many Thanks Mr. Dave

I know I can go to owner's Manual as well as tutorials , but the problem with that is time , I don't wanna read half of the manual or tutorials to find my answer, although eventually I will do that , when I have a long flight or when ever I have some issues with my stomach , then instead of reading new paper , I will try to read the manuals.

This is the beauty of this forums that great friends like yourself will give me a quick hint , then I'll set. thanks tho.

I am sure its a very simple procedure, it just happens , that I have been sick for some weeks and totally forgotten my stuff .

• 3. Re: Adobe CS4 AE, how to place images in order
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The resources Dave linked to will most likely save you time in the long run. They are a group of tutorials specifically selected to help people new to AE get started quickly.

• 4. Re: Adobe CS4 AE, how to place images in order
                kishoreda Level 1

Many thanks Szalam for the explanation, I know brother exactly what you and Mr. Dave wanted me to do , and I appreciated , but sometimes we run out of time , or finish certain within certain time frame, and that was my case I had to finish it , I had only 10 mins to do that then go back to colledge.

But the thing is that my answer was so simple , all I had to do was drag the video channels to my desired order , on the left , where you see eye symbols and next to it is the layer number and next to the layer number there is my shot and as I mentioned, all I had to do was drag it over the other layers. here is a snapshotnn.jpg

• 5. Re: Adobe CS4 AE, how to place images in order
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

kishoreda wrote:

But the thing is that my answer was so simple , all I had to do was drag the video channels to my desired order , on the left , where you see eye symbols and next to it is the layer number and next to the layer number there is my shot and as I mentioned, all I had to do was drag it over the other layers.

Yes, that is what Dave said to do in his first post to you.