0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2007 1:28 PM by kay7

AreaSeries on chart -- Error 1010 triggered

kay7 Level 1
      After reassigning the dataProvider array of my area chart, I get the following error:

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
      at mx.charts.chartClasses::GraphicsUtilities$/drawPolyLine()
      at mx.charts.renderers::AreaRenderer/mx.charts.renderers:AreaRenderer::updateDisplayList()
      at mx.skins::ProgrammaticSkin/validateDisplayList()
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/::validateDisplayList()
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/::doPhasedInstantiation()
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateNow()
      at mx.controls::ComboBox/::displayDropdown()
      at mx.controls::ComboBox/mx.controls:ComboBox::downArrowButton_buttonDownHandler()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
      at mx.controls::Button/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::buttonPressed()
      at mx.controls::Button/mx.controls:Button::mouseDownHandler()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
      at mx.controls::ComboBase/::textInput_mouseEventHandler()

The strange thing is that the new array has 6 items! I check its length (length greater than 2) before I assign it. However, when the debugger breaks in drawPolyLine, the "pts" matrix has only 1 item. I don't know how the array goes from having 6 items to only 1. The stacktrace does not trace back to my code, so I am having trouble debugging this.

I thought that setting the series' filterData property to true would prevent this from occurring, but it didn't work.

Any ideas on how I can figure this out?

Thank you,
      -C