3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 6:13 PM by dhosford

export animations

andi malkolm

i have create some aplicaions in adobe edge and i wont to use them in adobe dreamweaver cs6 can i do this if yes plz help me!!

• 1. Re: export animations
          dhosford Employee Moderator

Hi there,

Here is a thread that will help answer your question. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4786139

And here is the Help article on Publishing content in Edge Animate: http://helpx.adobe.com/edge-animate/using/publish-your-content.html

You have to specify in the publish settings (which are located under File > Publish Settings ) that you want to publish an Animate Deployment Package. This is the file that Dreamweaver interprets for the Edge Animate composition. Once you publish from Edge Animate, Edge Animate will create the necessary file for you to import in Dreamweaver.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further clarification!

• 2. Re: export animations
            andi malkolm Level 1

hello i cant understanding them can you give me the steps,the created file in adge i wont to open in adobe dreamweaver.

• 3. Re: export animations
              dhosford Employee Moderator

Hi there,

Sure! Here's a more detailed guide, step-by-step:

First, open your Edge Animate project up in Edge Animate. Go to File > Publish Settings in the main menu:

Then, in the Publish Settings dialog box that appears, click the "Animate Deployment Package" check box:
              Make sure you specify the target directory (by default it should be in the same location in which your Edge Animate file is saved).

Hit save:

Then go to File > Publish in the main menu. This will publish your Edge Animate file into an Edge Animate Deployment Package to use in Dreamweaver.

Save your Edge Animate project. Open Dreamweaver and open your .html project that you wish to insert the Edge Animate project into. Click inside the HTML where you would like to place the Edge Animate composition. I would suggest making a DIV to put the Edge Animate composition into, but you can put it anywhere. Here, I've placed it inside the <body> tags.

Click Insert > Media > Edge Animate Composition in the main menu:

Navigate to your Edge Animate folder. (Note: I would suggest having your Edge Animate folder inside the root directory folder where you have saved your HTML file.) Inside the Edge Animate folder, there will be a folder called "publish". Click this folder, and then click the folder inside called "animate package".

Inside the "animate package" folder, click the .oam file that Edge Animate created:

Click Open. That's it! Dreamweaver will insert the Edge Animate composition into your HTML file and your Edge Animate file will play inside the HTML file for you.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further clarification!

1 person found this helpful