2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2013 4:54 AM by Asimomo

Eizo ColorEdge CG275W OR Eizo FlexScan SX2762W

Asimomo

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is using above monitors, I was going to go for the Flexscan SX2762W for day to day use, using Adobe suite- Premiere, After effects, Photoshop. Not looking for colour grading etc, just looking for a good monitor. I was going to use a Samsung 32 inch TV, ISF calibrated for external output using either a Matrox MX02 LE or AJA, BlackMagic etc.

Or I was thinking of going for the CG275W for my main monitor then when funds permit move that over to use as an external monitor and buy another CG275W or an SX2762W for main use.

Any suggestions ideas much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Eizo ColorEdge CG275W OR Eizo FlexScan SX2762W
          Jim_Simon Level 9

My preference would be the ISF calibrated TV for CC/grading

• 2. Re: Eizo ColorEdge CG275W OR Eizo FlexScan SX2762W
            Asimomo Level 1

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply much appreciated.

As I'll be sitting 2 - 3 feet away from screen a 32" HD TV doesn't look practical.

I've decided I'll be going for the Eizo CG246, it's self calibrating and hardware calibratible. I'm going to be using this with the Matrox MX02 LE. I can calibrate it first before using Matroxs calibration procedure if it is required. I know it's expensive at £1400, but once I start colour grading I need something accurate.

If I go for the 27 inch Eizo monitors there will be black bars top bottom and to the sides, watching 1920 x 1080 content at 1:1 pixel mapping. Which is a waste of monitor as the full screen will not be getting used. Plus majority of computer monitors do not do 24Hz (24p) or 25Hz (PAL). The Eizo CG246 can handle this.

Cheers.