3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 7:34 AM by PrntScr

[JS][CS6] Change hyperlink page destination

PrntScr

Hi people!

I bet this is simple, but I can't work it out.. and documentation is scarce.

I want to change the PageDestination of a certain hyperlink via javascript.

Lets go with this:

app.activeDocument.hyperlinks.itemByName("Hyperlänk 8").destinationPage = 1 (or something else)

...the above doesn't work. What should I use instead of ".destinationPage"?

Thanks

• 1. Re: [JS][CS6] Change hyperlink page destination
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

PrntScr wrote:

What should I use instead of ".destinationPage"?

A page, not a number. A number could mean anything, whereas a page is .. a page

But this

app.activeDocument.hyperlinks.itemByName("Hyperlink 1").destinationPage = app.activeDocument.pages[0];

does not work, because you forgot a level. A hyperlink has a destination, not a destination page, because hyperlinks can point to various items -- see http://jongware.mit.edu/idcs5/pc_Hyperlink.html.

So, use this

app.activeDocument.hyperlinks.itemByName("Hyperlink 1").destination.destinationPage = app.activeDocument.pages[0];

and it will work, but only if the destination type already is a "HyperlinkPageDestination". If it's not, you have to add it first to your document's list of hyperlinkPageDestinations -- which is returned as a new object -- and then assign this object to the 'destination' property.

• 2. Re: [JS][CS6] Change hyperlink page destination
            PrntScr Level 1

Thanks Jongware! Once again to the rescue.

Now I'm attempting to 'climb' up the object model, to reference the source of the hyperlink. It is a group (of a rectangle and a polygon) and has a name "BACK". I tried to extrapolate from the above, but my assumptions where incorrect:

app.activeDocument.hyperlinks.itemByName("Hyperlink 1").source.hyperlinkPageItemSource.remove();

...doesnt remove the group. If you, or anyone else who has the time, could help me here I would greatly appreciate it.

• 3. Re: [JS][CS6] Change hyperlink page destination
              PrntScr Level 1

Never mind! This worked:

app.activeDocument.hyperlinks.itemByName("Hyperlink 1").source.sourcePageItem.remove()

1 person found this helpful