8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 9:26 AM by joel_pau

Help?! From Ajax to Stage

Comfunex

Heya!!

having a mind bender with Ajax...

I am creating (with help from joel Pau) a gallery of symbols that rotates in a container div.

the information comes from an Ajax parser for XML:

function getajax(){

$.ajax({

type: "GET",

url: "xml/data.xml",

dataType: "xml",

success: function(xml){

var width1 = 0;

$(xml).find('project').each( function(){

var itemRenderer = sym.createChildSymbol("project", "container");

itemRenderer.getSymbolElement().css({"position":"relative", "display": "inline-block"});

itemRenderer.$('headline').html($(this).find('name').text());

itemRenderer.$('description').html($(this).find('desc').text());

var img_obj = $(this).find('project_image').text();

itemRenderer.$('project1').css("background-image","url('images/projec ts/"+img_obj+"')");

var url = $(this).find('url').text();

itemRenderer.$('text_butt').on("click", function(){window.open(url,"_blank");});

width1 = width1 + 306;

sym.$("container").css("width",width1+"px");

$("#Stage_Text").html(width1+"");

});//each

}, //success

error: function(){ //adding an error message here

window.alert("error loading XML");

}

});//ajax

}

i want to trasfer data from the ajax to the stage, more specificly i want to get the newly created width of the container (after being filled with all the symbols) to a variable on the stage.

I was succeful in displaying the variable with $("#Stage_Text").html(width1+"");

but part of that outside the ajax function nothing worked to retrieve the inner text that I want to use in a variable

not set / get variable , innerHTML, innerText, text() etc...

I am sure there is a way because i can see in the console that the data is there.

but I can't reach it.

please Help,

Elijahu.