3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2013 2:40 PM by Lucia Lao

Form placement in Dreamweaver

paulmbennett54

The completed form once copied to a blank web page in dreamweaver CS6 is positioned in the top left corner of the webpage. Since this code is javascript and placed in the head section, how do you create some sort of DIV that allows you to better place the form on the webpage?

• 1. Re: Form placement in Dreamweaver
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

Please take a look at some of the templates (sample html web pages that should dowloaded when you install the app) that come with your Dreamweaver CS6. You can select a template of your choice and see the source.

You may also want to check the developer site: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/samples.html

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Form placement in Dreamweaver
            paulmbennett54 Level 1

Thanks Lucia,

Unfortunatly none of these templates use an Adobe FormCentral form on them. I'm sure there is a simple answer I just have not found it yet. Maybe someone else on the team could help?

Thanks,

Paul

• 3. Re: Form placement in Dreamweaver
              Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

You should be able to place the formscentral embed code inside the div content.  The templates that I mentioned above are mainly html templates where you can take a look on how <div> ... </div> are defined for different page layouts.

For example,

<html>

<div id="content">

your content here

embed code here

</div>

</html>

you will define the layout in the css file:#content { ...; padding-left: 200px;...}

What do you mean by "Since this code is javascript and placed in the head section?" Maybe you can share the source of your web page, and tell us exactly where you would like the embedded form to be and we can take a look?

Thanks,

Lucia

1 person found this helpful