9 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2013 2:20 PM by arroyodorado

Set "Default" Zooms

swhinck Level 1

I am forced to use 75% zoom for Android Mockups i work on, unfortunately the default zooms are 100% / 66% / 50% etc...

Is it possible to set another default zoom somewhere?

Any help appreciated!

• 1. Re: Set "Default" Zooms
          DrStrik9 Level 4

You can input the desired viewing percentage in the lower-left corner of the screen, where it lists the current percentage. The number is interactive.

• 2. Re: Set "Default" Zooms
            swhinck Level 1

Yes this I know and it seems like a good solution, but actually when you end up zooming in and out regularly, it gets quite old having to type that number into the box.

It is so much quicker to simply hit CMD-1 for example to get to 100% zoom.

It would be so nice if I could set something like say CMD-2 or even CMD-whatever, to get me to 75% zoom.

This is not possible?

• 3. Re: Set "Default" Zooms
              DrStrik9 Level 4

It's possible in Illustrator I believe - you can set a custom view percentage, and assign a hotkey to it, but I don't think this possible in Photoshop. Good opportunity for a Feature Request.  :+)

• 4. Re: Set "Default" Zooms
                Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

You should be able to use a script and set a keyboard shortcut for it.

This works in photoshop cs6 on a windows system and sets the zoom percent to 75

(the script came from here:http://ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3262&hilit=zoom%2F100&sid=c6afd2dd8a2bae535b5 283ae0f6a5dc3)

function setZoom( zoom ) {// as percent

cTID = function(s) { return app.charIDToTypeID(s); }; // from xbytor

var docRes = activeDocument.resolution;

activeDocument.resizeImage( undefined, undefined, 72/(zoom/100), ResampleMethod.NONE );

var desc = new ActionDescriptor();

var ref = new ActionReference();

ref.putEnumerated( cTID( "Mn  " ), cTID( "MnIt" ), cTID( 'PrnS' ) );

desc.putReference( cTID( "null" ), ref );

executeAction( cTID( "slct" ), desc, DialogModes.NO );

activeDocument.resizeImage( undefined, undefined, docRes, ResampleMethod.NONE );

}

setZoom( 75 );

• 5. Re: Set "Default" Zooms

Copy the script and paste it into extendscript cs6 and then save the script (File>Save As) to the photoshop cs6 preset>scripts folder (in the application folder for photoshop)

(you can name the script. i named it Zoom to 75 Percent.jsx)

Then start/restart photoshop cs6 and the script should be under File>Scripts and you can use Edit>Keyboard shortcuts to assign a key to it.

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-2.png

• 6. Re: Set "Default" Zooms
                    arroyodorado Level 1

Hi,

this script would be my saviour, but I'm on a Mac and PS CS6 and the script seems not to work.

executeAction( cTID( "slct" ), desc, DialogModes.NO );

The above command produces error 8800: command "selection" is not available. Any way to get around this? Do I have to install anything else first?

Thanks in advance for helping,

Werner

• 7. Re: Set "Default" Zooms

It's possible that when you copied the script from above that not quite all the script was copied.

Which version of photoshop cs6 are you using?

13.1.2 or 13.04

• 8. Re: Set "Default" Zooms

It might be because the newest mac versions of photoshop cs6 are missing the View>Print Size function.

I only have the windows cs6 13.01.1 version, which still has the View>Print Size function to test the script on.

• 9. Re: Set "Default" Zooms
                          arroyodorado Level 1

My version of Photoshop is 13.1.2 (13.1.2 20130105.r.224 2013/01/05:23:00:00) x64

And the system is Mac OS 10.8.3

My system language is German. Could this be a problem? The error dialog says something like 'the command "selection" is not available' [german original: '- Der Befehl "Auswahl" ist momentan nicht verfügbar. Linie: 9-> executeAction( cTID( "slct" ), desc, DialogModes.NO );']

It seems it has something to do with the "slct" parameter.

Thanks again,

Werner