• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop adding non-Adobe products to products like Flash updates

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really gets up my nose that every time I download an update for Flash it downloads Mcafee program.

If you want it in the download opptions have it as a opt in not opt out.

Ian Cleland

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're not alone.

manually update your programs and you can opt out of the tag-along programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flash update was the only one I had not changed the setting.

Thanks for reminding me to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a couple of other options if you'd like to opt out of this offer.  Please see this FAQ for details.

Flash Player installation and update questions and answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris - Adobe the question was targeted at you. Love your products but I do not need to have third party products attached to updates of your products.

Ian Cleland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately these policies are not made at the technical level, but by management.  The Flash Player engineers do not have the means to override that.

On the other hand, I have used Adobe Reader since version 4, and Flash Player since version 6, and I never got anything installed that I did not explicitly agreed on.  Not with manual downloads, nor with automatic updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Agree with Pat, whats the big deal, if you dont want to install it uncheck the box! talk about first world problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that all end users, including me, agree with you.

Pain in the neck, especially if you accidentally hit Download before unchecking the box.

I often wonder if anyone ever actually installs that McAfee software due to the presence of that opt-out link or if it has the opposite effect and puts people off ever installing McAfee software.

However it's unlikely to change until whatever commercial arrangement exists (and I'm sure one does) between Adobe and McAfee expires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John I agree,  Mcafee and Nortons comes on many install disks when you are setting up a new computer.  I have used both these programs and they are a great hog of computer resources. So I do not want to even use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines