4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 12:29 PM by Thincrust7

Idle Timeout

Thincrust7

I have a touchscreen project that I am using Edge Animate to create. So far its working great, but I am trying to find the correct code to make an Idle Timeout after 3 minutes to go back to the stage frame 1 or the label "StageStart" that I have created. I have tried attaching the following code as a 3 second test to the function "touchend", but it doesn't seem to work:

setTimeout(function(){sym.play("StageStart")},3000);

I have limited knowlegde of javascript so any help would be great!

Thanks,

Kevin

• 1. Re: Idle Timeout
          jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi Kevin,

Your code looks okay...the only question I have is the targeting of your call - i.e., does the StageStart label exist in the same symbol as the code? If the code is in a different symbol, you'll have to get the symbol before you issue the play command.

Also note that labels are case-sensitive, so be sure the name and case matches what you have in your code, and vice-versa.

hth,

Joe

• 2. Re: Idle Timeout
            Thincrust7 Level 1

Hi Joe, thanks for your help. Its actually the first frame of the Stage that I am trying to target after the timeout. Since the stage is not a symbol I was not sure what the code should look like to make that work. Right now I have that code attached to the Stage.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 3. Re: Idle Timeout
              jbowden Adobe Employee

Thincrust7 wrote:

Since the stage is not a symbol I was not sure what the code should look like to make that work. Right now I have that code attached to the Stage.

Hi Kevin,

Actually, the Stage is a symbol - just a bit more of a specialized one. But it sounds like your targeting is correct in that you're not trying to address a label in the main timeline from inside a child symbol.

It's not clear to me where the touchend event with your code is...on the Stage, or on another element on the Stage? And your label in the timeline exactly matches what you're calling in code?

If you could zip the project folder and share it on your Creative Cloud account and post a link to it here, I may be able to provide an answer to the problem more quickly.

Thanks,

Joe

• 4. Re: Idle Timeout
                Thincrust7 Level 1

Just emailed you the zipped file. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your help.

-Kevin