Using the MSI installer, I am unable to install the 11.6.602.168 non-IE plugin for Windows. (I'm running a network with a mix of Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1 32-bit, and Windows 7 SP1 64-bit). This particular workstation is running Windows 7 SP1 32-bit.
Normally, I distributed the flash player MSI via GPO on our domain, but since it was failing, I ran it manually. However, this dialgo box appears:
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'adobe flash 11.3.300.271 (non-IE).msi' in the box below.
If I try to use the 11.6 MSI file as the installation package, but it asn't recognized. I downloaded the zip archive of flash 11.3.300.271 and tried supplying that version's MSI file, but that too was unsuccessful.
Here is the sequence of events that led up to this issue:
1) Flash player 11.5.502.149 ActiveX and plugin versions were happily installed (distributed via GPO).
2) I deployed the MSI files for version 11.5.502.149. This resulted in installation errors:
Error 2753.The File 'InstallAX.exe' is not marked for installation.
Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
3) I ran the uninstall_flash_player.exe utility, which removed all versions of flash. No versions of flash were listed under "programs and features" in the control panel.
3) I distributed the MSI files for 11.6.602.168 via GPO. The ActiveX version installed properly. The plugin version did not.
4) I ran the uninstaller again.
5) I attempted to install the the 11.6.602.168 plugin version with msiexec and created a log file for the installation.
6) I attempted to run the MSI file manually, but encountered the "network resource unavailable" dialog.
What can I do next to fix this?
=== Logging started: 2/20/2013 13:25:24 ===
188.8.131.52 MaxVersion: 11.6.602.168 Language: Attributes: 769
5F6EF02BF44F} 1033 ***Related***
is = 1
translation happened inside sandbox)
your technical support group. System Error 1612.
older version of Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin cannot be removed. Contact your technical
support group. System Error 1612.
Action ended 13:25:25: RemoveExistingProducts. Return value 3.
machine. If available, please run ISScript.msi, or contact your support personnel for
Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin. Product Version: 11.6.602.168. Product Language: 1033.
Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Installation success or error status: 1603.