• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need a solution to read the book!!!!

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an ebook as acsm file and it worked, but the problem it's slow so much, so I need a couple of seconds to move from a side to another one. I tried to convert it from acsm to PDF but I couldn't. is there any solution, or is there any possibility to convert it from acsm to pdf (and will it work faster if I convert it) ? I really need a help, cause I need to read it and do my homeworks and should have an exam soon.

Thank you

note: I've a macbook OS X

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The .acsm file was just a pointer to enable you to download the 'real' file and have its DRM correctly set; the real file is probably a .epub file.

You won't be able to convert it to pdf because of the DRM protection.

I hadn't come across issues of ADE being very slow at page turn, is the book very heavy in graphics?

It may be worth trying a different version of ADE.  If you are on 2.0, try 1.7.2.  If you are on 1.7.2, try 2.0.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines