1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2013 9:06 PM by andaleebfatima1

I want to use elements 11 with an external hard drive and need some help.

lblankman46

I have a macbook pro and was fine using iphoto 09 as my image manager and editor. I soon filled my hard drive and purchased a 1tb external hard drive. I moved my iphoto library to the external drive while keeping iphoto on the macbook. I recently installed elements 11 and was using it as an external editor with iphoto. I began to play around with the organizer and found that I liked it. My question is how do I move my iphoto library to elements 11 organizer while still keeping the photos on the external hard drive.

• 1. Re: I want to use elements 11 with an external hard drive and need some help.
          andaleebfatima1 Adobe Employee

If you import from iPhoto into Elements Organizer, the files will be copied to your hard disk and all the organization done in iPhoto09 will be carried forward to Organizer catalog. This can be done if you have enough space on your hard disk. However if you want to use Organizer solely + not create duplicate copies of your images, you can import photos directly from the Hard Disk. Ensure to write all metadata to files within iPhoto so that when the same photos are imported into Organizer, the tagging done is brought along.

Thanks

Analeeb