2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 6:39 PM by chanojuano

Targeting variables in other symbols

chanojuano

I am trying still to simulate a collision funcionality, so i tought that if i put a bullet, wich will say, close, far, not so far, and a matching enemy variable i could make illusion of this. so i been able to compare variables in symbol and if else acording the response, but i want to do a & statement to compare the 2 variables in the 2 symbols and i been unsuccesfull, this is what i have:

sym.setVariable("bala", "close");

//obtener el valor de un símbolo de variable

var mybala = sym.getVariable("bala");

//alert(mybala);

if (mymalo == "close" & mybala == "close"){

//sym.getComposition().getStage().getSymbol("colores").play("verde");

//sym.getComposition().getStage().getSymbol("gradient").play("tres");

alert("both true")

// detener la línea de tiempo en la posición determinada (ms o etiqueta)

}

I know i must do a complete target path for the variables but dont know how to do it on edge! here is the files: http://mazatlanonline.net/canion2.rar

I try to do full path with this but it dint work

if (sym.getComposition().getStage().getSymbol("malo").getVariable("mymalo") == "close" & sym.getComposition().getStage().getSymbol("canion2").getSymbol("bala2").getVariable("myba la") == "close"){

alert("both true")

// detener la línea de tiempo en la posición determinada (ms o etiqueta)

}

but no alert!

thanks a lot for the help buddies