3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 1:01 AM by sjpt RSS

EXPLAIN ERROR - E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN

Loubutdoesanyonecare Community Member

I am trying to open a .acsm file in Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.67532

I keep getting the error E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN

I have searched the forum and found this question asked previosuly - but NOT answered.

I would like to know what this means and why I can't download my book. 

Very frustrating to try and access customer support from adobe to be thrown over to a forum which has the same questions I seek the answer to posted MONTHS ago - and they are still unanswered.  There has to be an easier way!

• 1. Re: EXPLAIN ERROR - E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN
          sjpt Community Member

One reason can be a corrupt .acsm file.  Try redownloading the .acsm file if possible.

There are lots of bugs in ADE V2.0, though I hadn't seen this one before.

Try using v1.7.2 instead and see if that helps.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

• 2. Re: EXPLAIN ERROR - E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN
            Loubutdoesanyonecare Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but no success - i'm guessing it's due to system restrictions at work.

I had redownloaded the .acsm file a ridiculous amount of times yesterday - i felt like my whole afternoon was a freakish deja vu loop!

I installed 1.7.2 today and attempted the download - now i get a new error message, lucky me

Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators:
            IO Error on Network Request.
            Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:

(LINK REMOVED)

Event Detail:
            Error #2038
            --- end ---

Annoyingly - I downloaded it at home last night using Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.67532 in about a minute.  I put it in dropbox hoping i could access it today from work but to no avail thanks to security.  I guess I'm just not meant to tackle this task today!  Think I'll bring my laptop into the office next week and print the damn thing and be done with it.

• 3. Re: EXPLAIN ERROR - E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN
              sjpt Community Member

Good luck, but warning the file is probably print restricted, so it may not be so easy to be done with that way.

I suggest you double-check printing possibilities at home before assuming it will be easy to print in the office.