2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 6:57 PM by YonR

FormCentral PDF export: Drop-Down Menu does not print when no choice is made

YonR

FormCentral PDF export: Drop-Down Menu does not print when no choice is made

I want to be able to print a blank form for the older clients who cannot use a computer. Form has a few drop-down menus and they only appear on the print out if an option is selected. The form was created on FormCentral. Can anybody help?

Sorry if i'm a noob, not much experience in creating PDF forms yet.

Thanks for your help,

Yon

• 1. Re: FormCentral PDF export: Drop-Down Menu does not print when no choice is made
          plee1388 Adobe Employee

Hi Yon,

Could you tell me how you create the pdf form?  Are you asking that to print out all choices in the dropdown field, so people can choose them on a print out?

Perry

• 2. Re: FormCentral PDF export: Drop-Down Menu does not print when no choice is made
            YonR Level 1

Hi Perry

I am using the trial version of Adobe Acrobat and am using the provided FormCentral software to create the form. I find it very limited, but easier to learn. I am creating a financial needs analyser.

The section of the drop down menu is a selection from 1-5 (rating of importance for financial goals). I want to print out the questions and the empty boxes for people to fill them in by hand (e.g write 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5). When I leave a blank choice, no box is printed out. I write the questions in formatted text and leave the text/caption for the drop-down as blank, as it is difficult to set the margins correctly so various elements align (I pretty much have to estimate).

As said before, I may have been missing a massive part of the software, but I haven't used any training - just going by instinct so far.

Do you know if I can do anything about it?

Thanks,

Yon