4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2013 1:36 AM by Gaius Coffey

OSMF NetStream firing end event too early

Gaius Coffey Level 2

HI,

I originally posted this here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5067347#5067347 but I got no responses and then remembered an OSMF specific forum where I hoped I might find more help!

I've been digging into a bug report where the ends of adverts are clipped by up to three seconds in Android and, after a _lot_ of painful debugging, I have come to the conclusion that the issue is with the underlying NetStream object.

After a bit of jiggery pokery to locate the NetStream on NetStreamLoadTrait, I was able to listen to the changes to NetStream.time and to compare against the TimeTrait values, also to see what events were happening where and when. After placing this code on an Event.ENTER_FRAME handler, I was able to see clearly that there is _ALMOST_ALWAYS_ a huge jump in the last two frames... This equates to clipping off the last few seconds of the video as the jump tends to occur a couple of seconds prior to the end. Having placed break-points in OSMF code, it appears that the end is "correct" in that it is always in response to a NetStream.Play.Stopped... just that the NetStream.Play.Stopped is firing at the wrong time.

Does anyone have _any_ idea what could be causing this? Is it likely to be with the media being supplied (third-party advertsing video...) or the plugin itself?

OSMFBug.PNG

Thanks,

G