9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2013 7:36 AM by SPRINGER_DOC

Hyperlinks do not consistently display in blue text in Design View

SPRINGER_DOC

Hello - first post to any Adobe forum.

My project is in RoboHelp HTML (RH9) with approximately 250 topics. All topics use the same css.

When I add a hyperlink to a topic (either through Insert > Hyperlink/Popup or drag/drop from the Project Manager) the resulting link does not consistently display in blue, underlined text.

I find that hyperlinks display as blue, underlined text in topics that reside in the main Project Files folder. However, if the topic resides in a sub-folder of the Project Files folder, an inserted hyperlink appears as black, underlined.

It may be worthwhile to note that all topics in the main Project Files folder were created within the project while all the topics in the sub-folders were imported from Word. Multiple Word files were imported as groups - each group carried its own css. Once imported, however, I assigned my universal css to each topic.

My  question is why will the hyperlink insert as blue text for certain topics but not others when they all use the same css?  I wonder if remnants of the imported css are overriding my universal css.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I've read the forums and recognize that the order in which the hyperlink definitions appear in the css are important. (I'll confess that I only use the interface within RoboHelp to edit my css. I've never accessed it through Notepad. I am a writer by trade with little coding experience.)   I've pasted the portion of my css that deals with links. It may well need to be corrected.

A:link {

color: #0000ff;

font-size: 10pt;

text-decoration: underline;

}

A:visited {

color: #ff0000;text-decoration: underline;

}

DIV.droptext {

margin-bottom: 6pt;