4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 1:05 PM by shooternz

Adjusting volume levels

community help Level 1
        • 1. Re:  Adjusting volume levels
          davidp158 Level 1

Is there any information on how to use and edit Automation modes (Latch, Touch & Write) for the audio mixer? I want to control audio levels via the mixer, but I do not want to edit audio keyframes for each audio track in the time line. I am able to make some coarse Automation level adjustments, but I don't see a way to edit these in the time line. There must be a way, but I'm not seeing it. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2. Re:  Adjusting volume levels
            shooternz Level 6

Normally...one would just redo the mix in the mixer which will only re write the adjustments you make and leave the others un altered.

Check out the various modes (Latch, Touch & Write) to see which one does that.

Apart from that.... thin the keyframes  that you automatically wrote and then adjust them manually manually .

• 3. Re:  Adjusting volume levels
              davidp158 Level 1

shooternz - Thanks for the reply. I dug a little deeper and (finally) noticed the option to display track keyframes in the timeline. It was exactly what I was looking for, and there all along, but I wasn't aware of the option icon to enable track keyframes.

• 4. Re:  Adjusting volume levels
                shooternz Level 6

Thats good.

I  did not think about that as being your issue because Audio 1 always opens for me  by Default with the Track Expanded and  the Wave Form displayed.

Check your Preferences.