The reasons are saved in the registry/preferences, and and different version of Acrobat use different registry keys. To move them from version 9 to version 11 you need to export the v9 registry settings, edit the file, and import the modified file back into the registry. Before I write this up though I need to know if you are using Windows or Mac?
This is on a Windows PC.
Here are the steps:
- On a machine with Acrobat 9 click the Start button and run regedit
- Expand the tree view on the left side of the Registry Editor dialog along the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\9.0\Security\cPubSec\cReasons
- Right mouse click on cReasons key and select Export from the pop-up menu
- Select the Desktop as the Save in location and type "Reasons" in the File name field, and then click the Save button
- Close the Registry Editor
- Using Notepad open Reasons.reg located on the Desktop. NOTE: This is one place where the basic Notepad text editor works better then other more advanced text editors. This is due to other editors adding hidden codes (such as line feeds) that will prevent the file being imported.
- When the file is opened in Notepad look for the line [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\9.0\Security\cPubSec\cReasons]
- Change \9.0\ to \11.0\
- Save and close the file
- Copy the file to any machine that has Acrobat XI
- Double click on the Reasons.reg file
- Click the Yes button on the confirmation dialog
- Click the OK button on the information dialog
- Launch Acrobat XI and the reasons will be there when you sign
Thank you. This did work.
Susan Leah | Service Desk Specialist, Information Technology Department | NASCAR
Office: 386-310-5555 | Fax: 386-310-5677
Glad to help. If you can mark the response above as a correct answer it will help others searching the Forum for the same issue.