1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 11:10 AM by elainecc

add banner scroll buttons to existing timeline

Fyin.com Level 1

Hello,

So I've created a nice looking animation that I want to appear as part ONE of THREE banners.  Now that my animation looks nice, I want to add buttons at the bottom of the screen that allow the user to scroll through the other 2 banners.

I understand that you can add functions to images such as click, hover, etc., but from what I've gathered those are built in the timeline, and I don't want to disturb my current animation.  What is the best way to approach adding clickable buttons to my exisitng timeline?  Create a new timeline and then convert those buttons to symbols?

I'm a little rough around the edges, I know.  But anyone that could comment on my workflow would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

• 1. Re: add banner scroll buttons to existing timeline
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, Fyin-

The click, mouseover, etc. events are separate from the timeline and can be applied to any element.  You can create your buttons and apply click events to them directly without affecting your current timeline.  Another option is for you to move your existing animation completely into a symbol so that anything that happens on the main timeline will not affect your animation.  Hope that bit of advice makes sense!  Let us know if you have other questions.

Cheers,

-Elaine