3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 3:27 PM by Noel Carboni

How do I set a default font in Photoshop.

Christoff Frazier

I know it is suppose to open the last font you used when you launch photoshop but I have never used Myriad Pro in my life, no offence to neither Robert Slimbach nor Carol Twombly. The font I primarily use is the Sans. There is no reason I should have to reset my font every time I launch. Why would this not be an option in the preferences? Photoshop CS6.

• 1. Re: How do I set a default font in Photoshop.
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Are you saying it doesn't remember your last used font when you Quit Photoshop gracefully and launch it again?

Try this experiment:

1.  Choose the Text Tool, select whatever font you like, click in a document, and type something, and complete the tool.

2.  Quit Photoshop; no need to save the document.

3.  Launch Photoshop.

4.  Choose the Text Tool.  What fond is selected?

-Noel

• 2. Re: How do I set a default font in Photoshop.
            Christoff Frazier Level 1

That is exactly what I am saying.

• 3. Re: How do I set a default font in Photoshop.
              Noel Carboni Level 8

Well, for most folks gracefully closing Photoshop (opposed to having it crash) then opening it again later results in the same font you used last time being presented again next time you use the Text tool.  This is true with many/most things.

Do you see similar behavior with other features - for example the last settings you used successfully with, say, Unsharp Mask being presented again next time?  Or do they also revert to defaults every time you open Photoshop?

If you're losing your preferences and the memory of the last things you've done somehow your settings are either not being saved successfully, or are being reset every time you enter Photoshop.

What system are you running (Mac/PC)?  What OS, specifically?

-Noel