1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2007 4:18 AM by MergeThis

Missing Navigation pane / Error message

maniac9999 Level 1
      Hey everyone,

A colleague of mine was trying to build WebHelp using RH X5 and when he built the output, the navigation page on the left appeared completely blank with a little error symbol in the lower left of the screen.

The error stated:

Line: 222
      Char: 3
      Error: Automation server can't create object

File: path\!SSL\WebHelp\whskin_pdhtml.htm

When I looked at whskin_pdhtml.htm on a build on my own system in Dreamweaver, I saw that the page title is "Navigation Pane"

Any idea why RoboHelp couldn't create this file? He had this problem last week. We though IE was the problem, but a reinstall didn't help. Both he and I are publishing the output (File System method) to a specific folder on the root of our C:\ drives, since we can't get access to Development servers (security policy)

By the way, I can view his output perfectly on my system.

I found an old post on this topic from 2006 that had this in the response:

"IE, general Internet, popup blockers, guest toolbars (Yahoo! for example), MS Office, network server permissions (database admin or sys admin). Do you have any utilities running in the background that the others don't have?"

I haven't gone through and compared everything between his machine and mine, but what specifically should I look for in terms of major differences? I have local box admin rights for my machine, but I don't think he does for his. That shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Thanks,
      Jim
        • 1. Re: Missing Navigation pane / Error message
          MergeThis Level 4
          I have local box admin rights for my machine, but I don't think he does for his. That shouldn't be a problem, should it? Yes, it should.

The RoboHelp product must be installed under the user's name, with full admin rights; in addition, those rights must be maintained at least for the first time the user opens, edits, and generates a project. Those rights can then, and only then, be disabled.

Good luck,
          Leon