3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2007 2:11 AM by rainbow_2

QT video in Shockwave

rainbow_2

I normally don’t put Shockwave media onto servers and I am having problems.
      Procedures used and results
      Using internal cast for QT videos
      I import QT videos into DirectorMX2004 and place sprites of the QT cast members (internal cast) in the timeline. The movie plays OK in Director.
      I publish an html and Shockwave (dcr) from the Director (dir), and include the (dir), (html), (dcr), and QT videos in a folder named dswmedia on my PC. On my PC, the html file plays the media correctly from within the dswmedia folder.
      I upload the same files to a server. Using my PC, I open the html file that is located on the server. The media sometimes shows the QT videos but does not always show the QT videos.
      Using external cast for QT video
      I import QT videos into an external cast (cst) and link the cast to a Director movie (dir). I place sprites of the QT cast members from the external cast into the timeline of the Director movie (dir). The movie plays correctly in Director.
      I publish html, and dcr files and place them together with the (cst), (cct), and QT files in a folder named dswmedia that is located on my PC. Using my PC, I open the html file from within dswmedia. The media plays correctly.
      I upload the html, (dcr), (cst), (cct), and QT (mov) files to a server. Using my PC, I open the html that is situated on the server. The media sometimes shows the QT videos but sometimes does not show the QT videos.
      Help!
        • 1. Re: QT video in Shockwave
          Level 7
          You are perhaps experiencing a wait while the QT file downloads prior to
          playing. Make sure that streaming is turned on at the member level and
          add some code that shows you how much of the file has streamed in over
          time - that way you can perhaps see a correlation between when a file
          appears or starts playing successfully and the bytesLoaded
          • 2. Re: QT video in Shockwave
            rainbow_2 Level 1
            Many thanks Sean.
            I will check if streaming is turned on for the QT video cast members.
            • 3. Re: QT video in Shockwave
              rainbow_2 Level 1
              Sean
              I checked the streaming and it was turned on at the level of QT video cast member, but I think that your suggestion has put me on the right track. I reduced the file sizes of the problematic QT videos by reducing keyframes and using a bit more Sorrenson III compression. The QT videos now open OK.
              I like your idea of putting in code to indicate how much of the file has streamed in over time, but unfortunately I don’t know how to do this. Has anyone got any quick fixes or references for this?

Many thanks