5 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2013 1:10 AM by Pattie F

How do I cancel out of Revel after mistakenly signing into a new account?

Whizzer58

How can I cancel out of Revel after signing into a new account?

• 1. Re: How do I cancel out of Revel after mistakenly signing into a new account?
          Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Whizzer58,

Did you create a new separate Revel account with a new Adobe ID? If you are wanting to know how to sign out of your present account while using Revel and then sign into a new one please do the following

Select the settings icon on the upper left of the screen, then click on your Adobe ID name.

There you will see a "Sign Out" button

settingsmenu.jpg

I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if you need additional help

Thanks

Scott

• 2. Re: How do I cancel out of Revel after mistakenly signing into a new account?
            Whizzer58 Level 1

Scott, I appreciate your help.  But I mistakenly initiated transfer of my Photoshop files to Revel early, not realizing that I only use them on my PC and not on I-phones, I-Pads, etc.  So I don’t really need Revel and want to opt out. I see nothing on the Revel page after signing in that allows me to cancel out of it completely.  How do I make that change?  I do not see a “Settings” icon anywhere after signing into my account.  I find this whole change to Revel very frustrating.

• 3. Re: How do I cancel out of Revel after mistakenly signing into a new account?
              Pattie F Employee Moderator

Sorry for the confusion. Revel is a pretty cool product and you might want to try viewing or editing files on your iPhone or iPad if you have one.

Once you have initiated the migration, you can not opt out. Your files will be transferred to Revel. After the transfer is complete, you can choose to keep it or remove your account.

• 4. Re: How do I cancel out of Revel after mistakenly signing into a new account?
                marleydo

If I cancel my account on Revel, does that automatically cancel my account with Photoshop and Elements 11 too. I too am very frustrated, as I do not own any of the new electronics that this Revel is talking about. I have always saved anything that I put into photoshop and edited over into either My Pictures or My Documents. So if I cancel out the Revel account will that cancel my use of Photoshop and Elemnts. I also put most of my photos over unto CD's for backup as I do a lot of family history and have lots of antique photos that are now on CD's also. I really like using photoshop and elements 11 for editing purposes and saving to these files. I never did share or sent anything from Photoshop, so can I cancel my Revel Account. I did find on the Revel page where I can cancel, but before I do that I want to make sure that I still have my subscription on Photoshop and Elements. The other thing that really gets me upset is, I am retired on Limited income and I do not want to pay out a monthly payment for Revel and the free account for Revel does not allow me enought space for all the photos that I take. I do realize that I will lose all the moved photos if I cancel Revel, correct? That stinks. Not always is it best to just go ahead and do something like this without giving the customer the right to say yes or no. We all do not do things exactly the same and we all do not have all the new stuff you think we do. Some of us like using something we get used to and not have all this change all the time and then it all has a fee connected to it which some of us cannot afford.

• 5. Re: How do I cancel out of Revel after mistakenly signing into a new account?
                  Pattie F Employee Moderator

Cancelling Revel will not impact Elements or any other product that uses the same email for the adobe id. It will, however, delete all the photos that are stored in the Revel cloud. 

You mention Photoshop, I presume you mean photoshop.com? This service is being discontinued, which is why users were given the option to have their files migrated to Revel as an alternative cloud storage. By June 18, all users who wished to migrate should be migrated and the Photoshop.com sharing and storage will close.

The migration was not done without giving the customers an option.  Emails were sent out to users explaining that Photoshop.com was about to be discontinued, and informing users that their files would be migrated to Revel unless they opted out. This was done as a courtesy so that users could have a means of saving all their photos (jpg) on the cloud for viewing and sharing without having to go to the effort of archiving and re-uploading. Additional  emails went out closer to the time. The opt out period has ended and we are in the transition period actively migrating photos to Revel.

If you want to keep the files on Revel that are there currently, you can keep a free account and retain the storage there and share the albums if you choose. If you want to delete your account, then I can also take care of that for you. I will send you an email to confirm.

Pattie