By way of an update,
First of all we found that some of the files which were NOT supposed to be under revision control were, that is the .cpd and .hhp files. We've corrected this problem and now the next stage is see if one of our help projects can operate normally with .cpd set to clear each time the project is opened.
OK so now I have conducted the following test with the outsomes listed as follows:
- Took a help project with cpd not set to clear and the .cpd, .hhp, .ldb and .pss files excluded from revision control. At this point everything intact.
- Then generated a web help output saved and cheked everything back in.
- Ths project can be opened and all links intacts and folders present.
- Now set cpd to Clear project cache (cpd) file before opening any project using the following screen:
- Before closing project links intact and folders present.
- Next re-opened project and then found files and folders missing and broken links.
The problems seems to be then that doing what I've been advised to do in the past i.e clear cpd breaks links and causes folders to be missing.
Something that controls the makeup of theporject other than cpd is not right.
Please can anyone offer any suggestions? A specific file perhaps?
Note RoboHELP 10, windows 7 64 bit ..