• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Dimensions missing in Illustrator CS6

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I draw an object in Illustrator, I am not getting the small gray box that shows its dimensions as I draw. Also not getting the green "intersect" tip when I begin drawing at a corner of the document. I'm using Mac 10.8.2. I have both a laptop and a desktop, and the laptop works fine. It's on the Mac Pro that this problem happens. I checked to make sure all preferences are the same on both machines. I updated Illustrator also.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Had the same issue.  For whatever reason, having "View / Smart Guides" selected, and having "View / Snap to Point and Snap to Grid" UNselected fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely sure that Smart Guides are on on both machines (Cmd(ctrl)-U), and these are checked on both.

Screen shot 2013-02-22 at 5.20.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and the smart guides work fine. I just tried it again, and what seems to happen is that when initially drawing an object, I don't see the info. But once I switch to the move tool and move the object around the measurement labels appear. Can you think of any reason why I don't see the measurement labels when initially creating the object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, mine work from the start with Smart Guides enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can alternatively just click once when creating an object, and manually enter the dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but quicker to just start out in the right place and stop when the dimensions are right. I also tried with mouse, trackpad and tablet with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Windows / Transform, you will see the Transform box on the right hand side of your artboard. The Width and Heigth of the object selected is on the right, while the location of the object on your artboard is on the left.

Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 9.21.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try cmd + shift + B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AWESOME! I was having the same problem! thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to make sure that 'Smart Guides' is checked under the view dropdown. I had the same problem and that fixed it. If it isn't on under view, they won't pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.  For whatever reason, having "View / Smart Guides" selected, and having "View / Snap to Point and Snap to Grid" UNselected fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines