3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2007 10:03 AM by crazyjoemilan

Hyperlinking within a flash document

Baal Bebb Level 1
      I'm trying to create a link (using CS3) in flash from text in one SWF file to a specific labeled frame in another SWF in the same directory. How is this possible?
        • 1. Re: Hyperlinking within a flash document
          crazyjoemilan Level 2
          to clarify - you're looking to create a button on one frame that will take you to another frame in another local .swf file?

If thats correct -

your button would load the file, and save the frame number (or label) to stop.
          when the .swf loads, your onLoad handler would kick the user over to the previously saved frame.

check out..

MovieClipLoader //its a class

let me know what you find.
          • 2. Re: Hyperlinking within a flash document
            Baal Bebb Level 1
            mmm, ok, i appreciate your help, but its still not working.

Here's the actionscript code I created:

SalmonCanBtn.onRelease = function() {
            loadMovieNum("select-spacers.swf", 10);
            stop();
            }

the idea is to load the movie and jump to frame 10 which is where the content I need is located. Unfortunately, A) it doesn't jump to frame 10, it just goes to frame 1, and B) the content is simply loaded on top of content I already have there. I just want it to jump to the other swf and leave the SWF from which I clicked the button behind entirely.
            • 3. Re: Hyperlinking within a flash document
              crazyjoemilan Level 2
              your code is loading "select-spacers.swf" into layer 10 of the parent movie clip, then telling main timeline to stop.

Look up the movieclip loader class, and use that. You can load with it, and once its finished loading (it has a handler) you can tell it which frame to go to.

mmm ok? ;)