7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 2:48 PM by R_Kelly RSS

Photoshop 7.0

4GMc

My photoshop 7.0 stopped working today...will not open even after a reinstall. Had been working fine on my Window 7 system. Do the programs self distruct after 10+ years?

• 1. Re: Photoshop 7.0
          Pattie F Employee Hosts

This was posted in the wrong forum, this is sharing and storage. I will move it to the photoshop forum.

• 2. Re: Photoshop 7.0
            R_Kelly Community Member

We need more details like what happens when you try to run ps7?

Does it give an error message?

Have you made any major changes to your computer like a new and/or bigger hard drive?

A quick thing you can do is reset the ps7 preferences file and see if that makes difference:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776?tstart=0

• 3. Re: Photoshop 7.0
              4GMc Community Member

The program just does not open. Not with the a normal double click or manual "open program" from program file. No error message at all. I can't open so I'm not able to change any settings. I had no changes in my system. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone

• 4. Re: Photoshop 7.0
                Curt Y Community Member

Yes, as R_Kelly suggested reset your preferences.  Start PS and immediately hold down the Crtl Alt Shift keys.  If fast enough you will get a reset window.  A little tricky.  If you get splash screen first you are too late.

• 5. Re: Photoshop 7.0
                  4GMc Community Member

Thanks Curt but no-way! the “start circle” is up for a blink of an eye ...just a flash of color to see start and off. no way to press any key. any other suggestions?

George

• 6. Re: Photoshop 7.0
                    Curt Y Community Member

Hold down 2 of the keys, start PS and immediatly press and hold the 3rd key.  I warned you it was a little tricky.

• 7. Re: Photoshop 7.0
                      R_Kelly Community Member

You can delete the preferences file manually by going to:

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings

and deleting the folder called  Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings

(you need to have show hidden files and folders checked in your folder options to see the files)

Untitled-1a.png

Another thing to try is going to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0 (64 bit system)

or

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0 (32 bit system)

and right click on the Photoshop.exe and choose Run as Administrator and see if it starts then.

Untitled-1.png

Also, have you installed the photoshop 7.01 update?