• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot get flash player to work

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read all the issues about IE9 and enabling the add-on and filtering but I keep installing it and it doesn't work. Everytime I try watch a movie I'm prompted to install. I am running Windows 7 and using MSIE and have Chrome installed but it just does not work.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You enabled ActiveX Filtering?  Disable it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I meant to say I had done what the articles had said to do. I enabled the add-ons and disabled filtering. Actually they were set the way they should have been set.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why this is happening; can you try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it but same thing. Everytime I try to play a movie from selected sites it wants me to install Flash Player. I did install Mozilla's Fire Fox last night and it seems to work. MSIE wants me to reinstall Flash Player and Chrome just sits there and does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download google chrome and try to use. You should be able to watch the videos as flash player is installed and activated by default in google chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Chrome installed and have from the beginning. When I try using it it just sits there and does nothing. I tried a clean install and get the same results in MSIE. I don't seem to have an issue with YouTube. The two sites specifically I'm having issues with are abc.com and nbc.com. I have a work laptop and it works fine. I have another laptop here at home in addition to the one I am using and it works fine. I just rebuilt it and it's an XP machine. When looking for answers it seems I'm not alone and there seems to be issues with Chrome as well as I've been on there troubleshooting forum also.

I wish to thank everyone but if someone can come up with a fix I would sure appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if you visit a simple page, like our Flash Player Version page, it works and you see the animation and version number?  But if you visit abc or nbc, video does not play?  If that's the case, you could be running into an issue with the ad content on those pages being blocked.  What virus scanner/firewall do you have installed?  Do you have any ad blocking software running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just clicked your link for "Flash Player Version" page and that is the first time I have ever, ever, seen anything. I was running McAfee for AntiVirus. I did a complete uninstall but still had the issue. I have since reinstalled. I have also recently done a MS "Clean Boot" using the MS utility msconfig. I have also disabled the MS firewall. This is really nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please talk to me about 'ad blocking software'. How do I know. How do I tell?

Thanks,

BobE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically you'd know if you installed this, though sometimes you get this for "free" with some security applications.  I'd recommend first, resetting your Windows hosts file.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

If that doesn't help, try rebooting your computer in safe mode with networking enabled.  This should stop extra components/services from loading

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

If that works, then it's just a matter of determining what is being loaded at startup that is blocking the content from displaying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem after running McAfee. I have been running in circles for about three hours and can't get help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You're posting to a discussion topic that is over 5 years old and everyone on this old topic receives email notifications whenever there is a new post.  You're post doesn't provide enough information to provide assistance.

Please start a new discussion topic at Installing Flash Player and provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

Providing this information will enable us to provide more effective assistance.

Thank you.

--

Maria

P.S.  Locking old topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines