• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amazon Instant Video won't work with Flash

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the most recent version of flash (11.6.602.168) yesterday (2/23). Now I get the following error message when I try to watch any Amazon Instant Video.

AIVerror.jpg

Here's the Adobe Flash Player version info from the uninstall page (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html)

version.jpg

Things I've tried without success:

1. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Flash

2. Deleting the Cache

3. Using Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox - all produce same error message.

4. Tried a Instant video that worked on 2/22 (before installing new version of flash) and it does not work.

Any suggestions?

-t

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution to the problem using Chrome.

I opened Chrome and went into plugins (by typing "chrome://plugins/" into the address bar) and disabled both native client and adobe flash player. I then switched tabs and went to amazon.com and tried to play a video and up popped a message that I needed to install flash player. I went back to the Chrome plugins and enabled both native client and adobe flash player. Switching back to the amazon.com tab, the video played! It worked for other videos too.

This is a strange solution I admit and I doubt that it will work for other people having similar problems but maybe this will shed light on the underlying problem and some Adobe person can use it to help others.

Amazon Instant Video still does not work in my Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers.

-t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines